Sunsets - Part 7

CJ grunted, getting up off of the stool as she went over to the shelf. "Why'd ya do that?" She questioned, irritated at Sammy. The pirate girl began lifting up the heavy shelf; Sammy quickly came and began helping her.

"Do what?" He questioned, a confused look upon his face.

"Ya took the blame for me, Sammy, I can fend for myself." She stated, sitting on the ground as she began to lift things up to Sammy and he would place them on the shelves.

"Really? Cause from what I could see, all you were doing was standing there trembling." He laughed, pretending to be CJ as he shivered and gulped.

"Whatever!" She shouted, hitting his shin with a can of worms. The boy looked down at the girl, a smile still present on his face.

"Besides." He started, "I didn't want you to get hurt."

CJ looked up at him, and there was Innocents shown in her eyes. "What?" She questioned, standing up from her place on the ground to face him. As she got up, her feet kicked underneath a random item and pushing it up. Her frail hand grabbed it, placing it on the shelf.

"Well, you are already in trouble. And I figured your dad wouldn't be too happy, so I-, I dunno I just-" He stopped for a moment, and CJ looked up at him with her big blue eyes. Sammy just looked down and smiled. "I don't know, just in case, I didn't want to see you get hurt so I, I just-"

"Okay, can you stop blabbering on? Ya are worse than my brother." CJ laughed, referring to Harry's obsessive and unending behavioral issues. He needed to learn to simply get to the point, and leave it at that. But, he would make CJ laugh so it was good for something.

Sammy laughed, trying to kick up something like CJ did. But instead, it slid across the ground away from them, hindering more than helping. CJ laughed, kicking up something for him to grab. "Think fast!" She shouted, as he grabbed it quickly, placing it on the shelf.

CJ bit her lip, looking at him as she tried to conceal a smile. "Thank you."

Sammy turned to face her, leaning down in to her face as she pushed him away. "Wow! A hug and a thank you, all in one day!"

CJ laughed, picking up a few more things and placing them on the shelving in front of her. She looked at the mess her father had made for them, it was completely unnecessary. Her eyes trailed up to Sammy as he was looking at her instead of helping. "Mind helping?" She asked.

"Sorry, my head's just kinda whoo hoo right now." He chuckled, crossing his arms as he leaned against the shelf. CJ reached up and pulled him down to her level by his ear, she looked at his head, making sure there was no blood or noticable cut.

"There's nothing there, you're fine."

Sammy pulled his head away, laughing a bit at CJ and her bright personality. More like loud attitude.

CJ looked at the mess on the floor again, thinking about what her father had done. And not about the mess, more about hitting Sammy. He had done it before, they were raised with Sammy so the boy had gotten used to it. And it wasn't like Mr. Smee was about to stop his Captain. Even if it was his boy.

"Ya know what, Smee." She mumbled, and he looked down at her with raised eyebrows. "Let's cause some trouble, shall we?"

Sammy rubbed his hands together, an excited look across his face. CJ quickly began to put everything back on the shelves. Having a crazy, horribly crazy, idea. "I love it when you have that crazy look in your eyes!"

CJ looked up at him, her gloved fingerless hands lifted up to his chin. She shook his face side to side, laughing as she did. "Whaddya say we do a classic, prank time?"

Sammy smiled, grabbing her wrists with his hands and pulling them down to her sides. She laughed, pulling them away from him. "Sounds like the good old days, whose the target?" He questioned.

CJ clicked her tongue, flipping her blond hair wickedly. "The one and only, Captain James Hook."

OH DANG OH DANG OH DANG ITS EITHER GONNA BE SUPER SICK OR CJ IS GONNA BE IN SUPER BIG TROUBLE! WHAT'S YOUR GUESS?

IS THIS A GOOD IDEA OR ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE IDEA?

also the video above is older CJ again, she's such a perfect pirate 😍