|Irene Adler/James Bonde| In Another Life

Tag/s: Fem!Reader, Servant!Reader

Guide:
(Y/N): Your First Name
(N/N): Your Nickname

2nd Person's POV

"You called for me, Your Majesty?" you asked, walking into the hall.

You let out a gasp as you saw an unfamiliar woman standing next to King Wilhelm on his throne.

Her hair was golden blonde with eyes like the blue sky. You quickly shook your head as your eyes darted over to the king, ashamed for staring.

"(Y/N), meet Irene Adler. You'll be her lady-in-waiting for a while," he introduced as the woman bowed to you curtly.

"It's a pleasure meeting you (Y/N)," she smiled, sending goosebumps all over your skin.

'R-Right!' you fumbled over your skirt as you did the same bow clumsily, "T-The pleasure is all mine, Miss Adler..." you muttered, kicking yourself for stumbling in front of the two.

"Why don't you go freshen up, my love?" King Wilhelm smiled sweetly to Miss Adler, making her bow and follow another maid to a comfort room.

"(Y/N)," the king quickly called you, making you snap back to him.

"Y-Yes, your Majesty?"

"Don't let her out of your sight."

The two of you walked around as you guided Miss Adler around the castle.

The king's orders repeated in your head, making your blood go cold as you walked around.

"Lastly, this will be your new quarters, My Lady," you ushered as you opened the doors, revealing the king's chambers.

"Oh, wow..." Miss Adler hummed, walking around the room with wonder.

"This whole place is absolutely breathtaking," she complimented, making you smile.

"Nothing but the best for the king," you lightly laughed, admiring the decor along with her.

"But it must be a pain to clean this whole place, huh?" she joked with a chuckle, sitting on the side of the bed.

You let out a laugh as you walked up to her, "Well... I can't say that it's the easiest job,"

Miss Adler giggled, smiling at you.

You felt your face warm up as you looked away, brushing away a piece of your hair.

"Y-You must be tired. I'll let you rest," you excused with a clear of your throat, walking out of the room.

"Wait!" she called out, grabbing you by the hand, "There's no need to rush," she giggled, making your heart skip a beat.

"How about we just chat? It's nice to have someone to talk to in a foreign country," she smiled, holding both of your hands.

"O-Okay," you shyly agreed, making her brighten up.

"U-Um... If you don't mind me asking," you muttered, feeling meek under her gaze.

"What is your relationship with the king?" her eyes widened before she smiled mischievously.

"Well, how can I say this..."

"My Lady?" you called out, looking around the halls.

You let out a sigh at the empty space, walking around at a hurried pace.

"Miss Adler? Your Majesty is looking for you!" you shouted again, looking around the armor décor of the halls.