Part 31: Wonton Soup

Unbeknownst to Thor and Loki, Peter was nearby when they were freaking out about you being unresponsive. He was already coming to tell you they picked you up some wonton soup and other things you liked but now he was more worried that something really was wrong. Thor's door was left opened but Peter knocked anyways as he greeted you, asking you how you were feeling. You say hi back and tell him you're excited because you were going to watch Lord of the Rings with Thor and possibly Loki. You then ask him, well in all honesty you tell him to join you guys for movie night. Peter can tell how sick you are and decides that even though he had plans it would be best not argue with you so he just agrees. You get even more excited and quickly get up from the bed to get the Lord of the Rings movies. Peter can't help but smile at how cute you were being, also enjoying your lack of inner monologue. You almost fall over as you make your way down the hall, Peter catches you and insists you go back to lay down. Peter tells you that he'll get the movies for you but you tell him no and that you were a big girl who could get the movies all by herself. Despite how worried Peter was for you he couldn't help but laugh a little at you referring to yourself as a 'big girl'. He then tells you that Pietro and Wanda picked you up some Wonton soup and... before he could say anything else you squeal with excitement. You quickly rush off to get some soup completely forgetting about your plans of watching Lord of the Rings.

You meet up with Pietro, Wanda and Sam who were waiting to check on you. Despite being as sick as you were you still managed to beat Peter downstairs and celebrate a little for winning. I mean you did have a good headstart as you left him kind of confused as you ran off with no explanation. They also see how sick you are and ask if there's anything they could do to make you feel better. Before you can say anything Sam, who is already wearing a face mask and gloves not wanting to get sick, hands you a bag full of black tea, jello, pudding, more medicine as well as a few bottles of sugar free Aloe vera juice. Sam then wishes you a speedy recovery as he not so subtly makes a run for it, he really didn't want to get sick. You thank them, then answering their question you tell them you don't need anything else, they've done more than enough by going out to get you this stuff.

A short time later Loki comes running in calling your name, looking quite worried but then relieved at seeing you. He turns back and to everyone's surprise yells quite loudly to Thor that he's found you. They have never seen Loki raise his voice like that, and it startled all of them except for you. As it happened you were off in your own little world again drinking tea and eating your soup. You notice Loki, giving him a smile then excitedly tell him "Loki isn't it great Wanda & Pietro went out and some wonton soup for me, it's my favourite kind! The wontons kind of look like little brains!". Pietro and Peter start to make zombie noises and say 'brains' in creepy voices, you start to laugh and squeal like it was the funniest thing you have ever heard. Despite your peppy and cheerful demeanor however you were extremely overtired, to the point where you could pass out at any moment. Loki could sense how much you needed sleep and tells you that as soon as you're done with your soup he would be taking you to bed. "But we were going to watch Lord of the Rings" you give Loki a somewhat sad look mixed with disappointment.

Despite your pleas to stay up and watch the movie Loki doesn't budge at all, and still insists on you going back to bed. You keep telling him no, while the others clean up and put what's left of your soup in the fridge so you could have more later. You stop your argument with Loki switching from grumpy to happy instantly as you again thank Wanda, Pietro, and Peter for everything. You stand up to try to help clean up after yourself but they stop you, reiterating that you were going to bed now. You cross your arms as an angry pout stretches onto your face as you silently protest having to go to bed.

Loki is escorting you to bed when you run into Thor, he is very happy to see you. He gives you a hug before informing Loki that he just spoke with Steve, there was some sort of attack happening in... Thor couldn't remember where but it was all hands on deck. Loki then asked Thor if anyone was planning to stay behind with you, but he didn't know. Thor said he'd ask but then suggested that he could stay with you instead. Loki wasn't sure about staying but in the end he agreed to do it if no one else offered to stay with you.

Thor and Loki had only been talking for a few minutes but you were already leaning against the wall nearly asleep. Thor noticed you first and chuckled for a moment before picking you up, holding you in his arms bridal style. He then told Loki that he'd take you to bed and asked if he could talk to the others instead. Loki wanted to argue but knew that he couldn't, so he went off to talk to the others. At least now he could get the full story of why they thought you were a traitor for some reason or another.

He was still in the dark about what happened earlier, still unaware that you wrote the Loki Report. How will he react I wonder, when he finds out the truth.