Part 74: Kidnapped Again

Tony arrives moments after the Beetle escapes with you, but as much as he cares about you Peter was his first priority. He quickly rushes to Peter's side helping him up from under the junk pile as he recovers from the attack. "He took her Mr.Stark, he took her, and I couldn't stop him. I didn't stop him" Peter says completely distraught from not being able to protect you. "Who took her kid? Who took Y/N?" Tony asked and Peter responded "it was the Beetle Mr.Stark". Tony wastes no time and quickly flys off after the Beetle to get you back with Peter right behind him, using his webs to hang on to the Iron man suit.

Was it good luck or something else? But Tony was able to catch up to you pretty quickly but the Beetle came prepared. He started launching missiles at nearby buildings to cause chaos as they flew over New York. Chucks of buildings started raining down on the unsuspecting people below, derailing their pursuit. Tony of course being the genius he was also came prepared, Wanda and Pietro soon joined the party, protecting civilians from the attack. Although no one was really hurt from the bits of falling building it did set off a city wide panic, with more than 20% of the population hiding out in the bunkers built after the Attack on New York.

Although you were still conscious whatever the Beetle used to zap you it made you unable to move at all. You watch helplessly as the Beetle uses you as a human shield as he continues to rain down heavy fire on New York. As the minutes tick by you start to regain some mobility and try to fight back to no avail, you were still too weak to do anything. Eventually you have enough strength to fight back but just as you are about to start moving and trying to break free from his grasp something stops you.

You look back to see Peter closing in on you as he swings from building to building as Tony continues to help prevent people from getting crushed. You weren't sure if the Beetle noticed yet but you were determined to do your best to distract him but not be so annoying that he feels the need to zap you again. You start by asking rhetorically if all the destruction was necessary. You then adjust your arms getting a slightly better grip while complimenting his suit, asking what the suit was made out of. You then ask him where he was taking you, but like with all of your questions or comments he didn't answer a single one. "I guess it doesn't really matter where you're taking me" you began as a wicked grin makes its way on to your face "cause my Uber's here". With that you plunge the screwdriver you had hidden literally up your sleeve into the Beetle's wings and jetpack damaging it. You managed to hide it up there while in that car back at the Junkyard, keeping it in place with the scraps on your shirt. You were a bit surprised that the Beetle didn't notice it, but I guess it made sense seeing as he had to worry about multiple Avengers chasing after him.

As you hoped and predicted the Beetle started flying out of control which resulted in him losing his grip on you and letting go. You flew over his shoulder, doing a literal backflip in the air as you started falling, you did your best to hold out your arms and legs in a star-like position to slow your descent. Luckily you weren't falling for long, as within seconds Peter swung in and caught you, holding you super tight as he looked for a place to land.

Meanwhile seeing as the Beetle was no longer carrying you Tony was able to open fire on him, resulting in the Beetle's quick retreat. He some how managed to escape after launching several smoke bombs into the surrounding area. Tony didn't spend too much time looking for the Beetle, he knew how to disappear but he wouldn't be gone for long. He would be back there was no doubt of that, he'd be back for revenge, and to finish his mission.

Peter carefully swung you over to Stark Tower, the previous home of the Avengers, a place he knew you would be safe. He lands gracefully on the balcony of the building while not breaking a sweat as he carried you in his arms. You clung to him tightly as you were still terrified from everything that happened today, only now allowing yourself to feel it.

You were terrible under pressure in social situations but you had to admit you had a pretty level head in dangerous situations and circumstances like this. You could stay calm and think of a plan, if not multiple plans on the spot if necessary. Not to mention you had the uncanny ability to make anyone and everyone underestimate you, which you would always use to your advantage, at least when dealing with bad guys. You were great at getting into trouble but like always you managed to get yourself right back out of it.

Peter takes you inside and carefully sets you down on the nearby sofa, asking you if you were alright and if you needed medical attention. You tell Peter you were fine, aside from the Beetle zapping you, making your body go limp for a bit you really weren't hurt at all. Peter pulls off his mask, to look at you, he was so upset, apologizing repeatedly for not being able to protect you. But you tell him to dismiss those thoughts, "it's okay Peter, you did protect me, I would be street pizza without you and besides I don't believe either of us saw this coming" you give Peter a shy smile before pulling him into a hug.

"I can't believe you've been kidnapped twice within the span of less than a week" Peter says feeling bad for you, it would seem that right now you had worse luck than him. "Yeah you might as well start calling me Princess Peach at this point" you smile at Peter before he replies with "so you're gonna bake me a cake then right?" and you start laughing. "Any kind you want... Plumber boy" you smile while ruffling up his hair.