Part 54: Pillow Talk

Loki teleported back to the Compound just outside your door feeling the need to knock in case you were in the middle of changing. It was more than that, seeing those drawings of yours made Loki think about you, the old you. To a time so long ago, where things were less complicated and he was a very different person. He hears you say come in but it takes him a few seconds to snap out of it and open the door. Loki smiles, happy to see you there on the bed waiting for him.

Loki entered pulling loose his tie, and the smile he once had faded slightly into an almost gloomy expression. You see this and jump out of bed, almost running over to him, you look up at him and ask what's wrong. "Did something happen? Are you okay Loki? You appear sad" you ask as he hands you your bag and coat. You quickly put them down, insisting that he was way more important than a stupid bag or jacket. Loki says he doesn't want to talk about it as he walks over to sit down on your bed and you get kind of mad "okay who said what?" Loki looks up at you confused as you continued "is there someone I need to punch in the face? Take me back to the party I will deal with them". You come over to Loki, he pulls you into a hug and lets out a small laugh "so you're allowed to threaten people, but when I do it, it's bad?". "Well this is different, if someone hurt my feelings wouldn't you want to beat them up?" you ask leaning your head on his shoulder. Loki tells you they'd be lucky to walk away with their lives, let alone have the ability to walk if they hurt you. Which in all honesty was a bit concerning but that wasn't your main concern right now. You place one of your hands on Loki's cheek and he looks at you, "I know I'm not strong or powerful by any means but I can't stand by if someone is hurting you, how could I? You'd come to my aid, how can I do any less for you?" you say trying to comfort him. Loki smiles but tells you no one said anything, so you ask again if he wants to talk about it but Loki doesn't seem up for talking. You then ask if there was something you could do for him, "will cuddling help?" you eventually ask and he holds you close as he lets himself fall back on the bed, taking you with him. You both let out a small laugh before he informs you cuddling would be nice, before you laugh some more.

You lay down with Loki asking him what position he wanted to cuddle in but he doesn't answer, he just takes off his blazer and lays down on top of you, seemingly exhausted. You managed to get your arms out from under him and you start to rub his back, tracing lines with your fingers like before. He eventually wraps his arms under and around you, turning on to his side holding you now in a half-spoon cuddling position. You place one of your hands on his upper arm, just below his shoulder and you rub it gently with your thumb as you start to hum in an attempt to comfort him. You lay together like that for a while, as Loki enjoys every second of it.

You turn up to look up at Loki, he appeared to be in a better mood so you decided to ask. First waiting to make eye contact with him before asking "so um... did you still want to do it, or what?". A mischievous grin stretches across Loki's face as he says "as much as I'd love to, you've been drinking this evening, it would hardly count as consent if I ravish you now". You let out a somewhat surprised and sarcastically angry gasp as you tell him you were fine, saying that you just drank a little too fast earlier, afterall you didn't know your drinks had alcohol in them but you were fine now. He still doesn't budge on the topic and you, growing more impatient decide to do something about it.

To Loki's surprise and amusement you get on top of him, sitting comfortably on his lower abdomen looking down at him. You reach out taking both of his hands to hold before asking "must I recite Pi? Or shall I recite Shakespeare? Pick an Element off the Periodic Table and I will tell you it's Atomic Weight, and at what degrees in Celsius it reaches its Melting Point". You stare at Loki with a calm but serious expression, as you search his face, waiting for him to answer. As the seconds tick by you grow more nervous, worried that Loki thought maybe you only wanted him because he believed you were intoxicated. "I want this, I want you, Loki" you paused looking down breaking eye contact as you held his hands in your lap "perhaps there is still a little alcohol left in my system... but I wouldn't have had the confidence to get on top of you without it. Or have been able to admit all of this to you". You look at him again with the nervousness that you felt displayed clearly on your face as you ask Loki to say something. He pulls one of his hands free to run it all along your face, caressing it with his palm one second rubbing gently with his thumb, then in the next rubbing the opposite side of your face with the back of his hand, as he admired how soft and smooth you felt.

Loki sits up and wraps his arms around you placing them on your lower back, while you wrap your arms around his shoulders and neck. Loki pulls back to look at you, "we haven't been together that long darling, I don't want you to do anything you're not ready for" he says placing his hand on the side of your face running his thumb over your lips. You begin to turn your head slowly running kissing along Loki's hand until you reach the tips of his fingers and take his hand in yours kissing knuckles. You turn your gaze away, staring longingly into the distance as you whisper "I have always push people away Loki, I've never allowed myself to get close to anyone until I met you and the Avengers. I was always afraid of losing someone I cared about, I still am but now... I... I feel different, I don't want to be alone anymore. Even if it hurts, even if it's nothing but trouble I want to love and be loved... Take all of me Loki, cause I want all of you".

You place your hands on the sides of Loki's face asking him what you need to do to prove that this is what you wanted. He takes hold of your hands removing them from his face before leaning forward to kiss you. Loki places your hands on his shoulders before putting his own hands on your waist as he pulls his lips away. Loki asks you to sing for him, "I love your sweet voice, I want to hear it again" he says and in turn you looked slightly embarrassed for a moment before regaining your composure asking Loki if he had any requests. He tells you to surprise him so you think for a minute deciding what to sing.

You start to sing the chorus from the song Everything's Alright by Laura Shigihara (but I linked my favourite version it's a cover):

When this world is no more,
The moon is all we'll see,
I'll ask you to fly away with me
Until the stars fall down,
They empty from the sky

But I don't mind
If you're with me,
Then everything's alright

If you're with me,
Then everything's alright

Not even half a second after you finished singing the chorus Loki pulls you into another kiss. He reaches down and starts to unbutton his shirt and you realize that it was going to happen, you were going to make love to Loki.