Part 90: Prom Night 1/4

"Come on Y/N, we're going to be late for our appointment," Natasha shouts, but you were distracted, worried about the last few details for prom, it was only six hours away. You flew out early yesterday to set up everything, but you hadn't heard from your dessert guy in two days and it was freaking you out. He was supposed to call you back today for a final update before dropping everything off in less than five hours. You were also worried about the dinner options; you went with a buffet-style station where guests could go up, tell them what they wanted and the attendants would serve it to them. Tony said you should have done pre-booking each individual guest's meal choice, but by that point, you had already sent out the invitations. You worried if you had enough vegan or vegetarian options for everyone, what if the alcohol you chose wasn't good? Or worse of all, what if the surprise you had for Loki failed? 

Natasha and Wanda stood over by the door of your shared hotel room watching as you continue to panic, "that's it" Wanda said, using her powers to pick you up. "No! I'm not done yet! I still have lots of stuff to do!" you shout, as you tried but failed to break free from Wanda's magic. She stole your clipboard, handing it to Natasha telling her to go give it to Vision, he would handle the last few things on the list. Your control freak side was definitely showing as you gripped the door frame refusing to leave with them. They called you out on being crazy controlling but that wasn't the only reason you didn't want to go; you hated the idea of strangers touching you, besides you've never actually been to a spa before. 

You arrive at the place meeting up with Clint, Laura, Pepper, Tony, Sarah, Sam, Jane, Thor, MJ, and Peter. Clint, Tony, Sam, and Thor just came to drop off their dates, you were happy to see Clint feeling better, but you were surprised that Peter ended up staying. He didn't want to leave MJ alone with you guys, he trusted you all obviously but knew it might be awkward with her being the youngest and the only one underage. You didn't mind though, you actually thought it was pretty cute that he was staying with his girlfriend. You quickly introduced yourself to Jane and Sarah, seeing as you hadn't officially met them yet. You heard about them from Thor and Sam respectively, and you were super excited to meet them both, especially Jane. Seeing as she was with Thor and you were with Loki it would be very likely that you'd see a lot more of each other in the near future. 

You tried to sneak away while everyone else was busy introducing themselves and chatting about their work and etc. but you were quickly caught and apprehended. You were forcefully dragged in by Wanda and Natasha as Peter and MJ started to laugh, thinking how funny your attempts to escape were. Everyone got a manicure & a pedicure and everyone but Peter also got a full body massage. Peter was surprised by how much he enjoyed it, but you hated pretty much every minute of your time there. The manicure was okay but the pedicure and full body massage were an absolute nightmare.  

You felt like a jellyfish after the massage, you didn't know it was possible to feel like you had no bones but apparently, you could. MJ and Peter ended up coming back to your hotel room with you to get ready for the prom together. You headed back quickly, making another attempt to escape, this time to find Vision and get your clipboard and cell phone back, but just like before your plans were foiled. They kept telling you that Vision had everything under control and reassured you that even if there was a problem he was more than capable and qualified to handle it without you. 

You ended up getting something to eat, taking it back to the hotel with you but while MJ and Peter were eating you went off with the girls to do one last thing before getting ready. Wanda and Natasha went with you into a separate room so you could go over your surprise for Loki one more time. You wanted everything to be perfect for him, you noticed things had been a little weird since the day at the Sanctum and you thought a grand romantic gesture would be perfect. You checked with them one more time asking if this would be socially acceptable or would it be like popping "the question" at a wedding without talking to the couple who were actually getting married but they assured you again for the hundredth time that it was so sweet and a perfect place to do it.

You considered wearing the Asgardian dress Thor gave you, well it was basically a gift from him and Loki, Thor technically owed you a dress but Loki was the one who picked it out. You received it when you got back to the Compound on the day you saw Dr.Strange but only after getting chewed out by Tony for stealing his car. It was truly a beautiful dress, it was full length, of course, and it reminded you of something Lady Arwen might wear. It was also dark green, Loki's official colour actually and apparently to wear a garment with one's colour is quite significant, but you didn't know that at the time. Although you did think it would be cool to match you wanted your outfit to be a surprise, so you made your prom dress instead but you promised Loki that you'd wear this dress on your first trip to Asgard. As it turns out you were able to make it a complete surprise, not even Wanda or Natasha saw the dress you made before today. 

You left a little early to go to the venue, making sure everything was set up the way you wanted it to, as well as putting up one last thing that no one knew about. They let you go but you took your dress and accessories with you just in case you didn't come back in time. Wanda ended up going with you seeing as her date, Vision was there and she needed to bring him his suit to change. Wanda herself was wearing a gorgeous wine red dress, it was velvety and full length, had a massive slit up the one side, off the shoulder cap sleeves and a peekaboo back. 

Everyone was starting to arrive, and you rushed into a side room to get ready while the couples did the classic pre-prom photoshoot and in the gardens around the Cathedral. You made sure to step up extra lights so even if it got dark people could still take photos. Natasha even stepped away from Bruce for a few minutes to help you fix your make-up. She was wearing that 1920s evening dress she bought while on your girls' day out; it was black with an intricate bead design and you couldn't help but noticed that she had it altered a bit, to make the dress a little more formfitting. She and Bruce were rocking a cool vintage look together, you thought it was so cute that they were matching. 

You had a peek outside to see Peter and MJ looking so cool and cute together, they matched as well. MJ had on a slim-fitting sparkly dress that was gold at the top but faded down into silver and Peter was wearing a tie that went from gold to silver too. You saw Steve and Bucky with their dates, two lovely ladies named Jenny and Krissy. They worked at Shield too, Jenny worked in Human Resources and was wearing a royal purple full-length a-line dress with stars, wide straps, and a deep v-neck. While Krissy who worked aboard the Helicarrier had on a forest green halter neck tea-length dress with flowers and crisscross straps in the back. Jane was wearing a long flowy red maxi dress and Sarah was also in red but her dress was knee length and formfitting. Pietro's date, a lovely young lady named Freya had on a long lacy black dress and was a very well-known artist from New York. Pepper had on a short white high fashion asymmetrical dress and Christine, Dr.Strange's date had on a long slim-fitting black dress with a halter neck and low back. Laura was wearing a tea-length peach ball gown with a floral pattern and Clint had on a matching tie. There were a handful of Shield Agents, and Sorcerers who were also there and they all looked amazing. Even Wong and his date Joshua, a movie stuntman, were wearing the same shade of blue but Wong's suit was more or less formal Sorcerer attire while Joshua had on a steampunk-inspired suit.  

You were really nervous about your dress seeing as it didn't look like any of the others. You had made a huge dark blue ball gown with thin straps and a lace-up back, it was high waisted and the skirt was pleated rather than gathered. The pattern on the fabric itself was the sky from Van Gogh's painting Starry Night, it glittered and sparkled when it caught the light and to be honest it better have considering how long it took to hand stitch the little pearls and jewels. You even had hair pearls and sparkly jewels in your hair, it was braided on the sides and was pulled into a low and elegant bun. You had on a pair of black rock glitter Mary Jane's and pearl and diamond jewellery. You made Loki a matching tie but you weren't completely sure if he would wear it or not but as you approached him you were so happy to see that he was wearing it.