Part 139: Midgard Wedding 2/5

Loki stood nervously at the alter, you weren't the only one who was all flustered and worried about today, but Dr.Strange took a moment to reassure the God of Mischief that everything would be fine. Steve came over to let Loki know that everyone had arrived and they would be starting within the next few minutes, informing him that Wanda went off to tell you the same thing. All of the guests started taking their seats on either side of the aisle, not that there were that many people coming to begin with but that's how you wanted it. You didn't want a big wedding to begin with, first because you didn't like being around tons of people, second, you didn't actually know a lot of people, and third, you didn't want a lot of people finding out about Melody, the fewer the better.  

Melody lets Loki know the wedding party is in position by giving him the agreed-upon signal, and the God of Mischief, in turn, takes a deep breath and tells them he's ready. Melody starts the music, and the guests stand up as the wedding party makes their way down out of the tower and into the courtyard. As the maids of honour, and groomsmen started making their way out of the tower the trees lining the garden began to fold their branches inward, making a sort of canopy roof, lighting up in multiple colours, making the white wedding carpet runner look like a literal rainbow road. First came Thor, the best man, then Peter, the only other groomsmen, then came Wanda and Natasha, walking together as they were both the maid of honour as you couldn't choose between them. Next came Nathaniel, as he was the ring-bearer, he ended up getting a little nervous and ran to his dad, who was luckily near the front so no real problems there. It was Lila and Cooper who came down after their brother, as they were the flower children, covering the walkway with white rose petals and the leaves of a willow tree.  

"I don't know if I can do this," you whispered, as you started to breathe faster, your heart racing as your anxiety began to build, watching Lila and Cooper make their way slowly up the aisle. Bucky ordered you to look at him and when you did he told you, "you took on a crew of dangerous space pirates, trained with a dragon, and even before you had your powers you fought off and brought down an Alien Weapon smuggling ring, you got this". "I can do this, I got this," you repeated in your head as Bucky led you out of the tower and down the aisle, pretty much having him hold your arm tight as part of you wanted to run away. That all changed when you saw Loki standing there and you instantly relaxed, smiling at the love of your life who looked so handsome in his dark green suit, black waistcoat, white button-up and gold tie. He was also wearing a white carnation on his lapel, and you couldn't see them but he also had on little dagger cufflinks, they were gold with small green gems in the hilt. 

Loki for his part was just as nervous, being able to hide it a little better than you, although Thor could tell, giving his brother a reassuring pat on the shoulder while taking his place at the groom's side. The second he saw you though, he couldn't help but smile wider than he ever had before, you were beaming and he thought you truly looked like a spring goddess in that stunning gown you made. Your wedding dress was an a-line gown with a natural waist and lace-up back, the top of it had a deep-V sweetheart neckline with off-the-shoulder cap sleeves. The skirt had a little bit of volume and the most beautiful embroidery on it; the top layer of the dress was a slight cream colour, making the dress look like a light shade of champagne and on it were white, blue, and dark gold flowers of different sizes with bits of light green all over in the form of leaves and stems.  

You reached the foot of the alter and Bucky let go taking his seat in the front as all the other guests soon followed, also sitting as Loki reached out and took your hand

You reached the foot of the alter and Bucky let go taking his seat in the front as all the other guests soon followed, also sitting as Loki reached out and took your hand. As you stood across from Loki before Dr.Strange as he was the officiant, you ended up getting anxious again and found yourself saying hi, waving at him with the hand holding your bouquet. This made the God of Mischief laugh, along with a few other guests and then Loki said hi back to you before everyone turned their attention to Dr.Strange, who began the ceremony.  

"Family, friends, humans, gods, magic sentient gardens, we are here today to celebrate the union of Y/N L/N and Loki of Asgard, if there is anyone among you who has any reason why these two should not be wed, speak now or forever hold your peace" Dr.Strange began and rightfully so there were no objections so he continued. "The bride and groom have written their own vows," Dr.Strange spoke gesturing for Loki to say his vows, but he was a little distracted with staring at you but he promptly snapped out of it. "Y/N, my love, my darling, you mean more to me than life itself... and I will spend the rest of mine, by your side, forever... I swear on my life that I will do everything in my power to make you happy, to love and cherish you, and to protect you... and I look forward to falling in love with you over and over and over again every day for as long as we have each other," Loki said, lifting your hand kissing it lightly before slipping your ring back on your finger.  

Your eyes began to well up with tears, you thought what he said was so beautiful, and you couldn't help getting all emotional, Loki wrapped his arms around you giving you a hug so you'd calm down. You took a deep breath and handed Natasha your bouquet as you took Loki's hands to say your vows; "Loki of Asgard... I never thought I'd get here, there was a time in my life I thought I'd be alone forever, I thought I'd never find love or a family and then I met you, and you turned my world upside down... you make me angry, you make me laugh and cry, you drive me crazy and somehow, every day I wake up loving you a little more... I couldn't imagine my life without you... I am yours, heart and soul, now and forever". You then pulled out his ring, it had the same Celtic woven pattern as yours except it was wider and darker, it was nearly black with natural black diamonds placed at several intervals, the band had 5 stones in total. 

You then both turned to Dr.Strange and he gave you a nod indicating for you to get ready, so you quickly took hold of each other's wrists, as the Sorcerer Supreme performed the spell. A continuous chain of symbols appeared all around your hands and wrists soon binding to them, leaving behind a permanent seal/tattoo on your forearms that matched, indicating you were now one. "With that, I now pronounce you..." both you and Loki didn't let Dr.Strange finish, interrupting his final words as you wrapped your arms around the other, pulling yourselves close together, locking lips for your first kiss as husband and wife.