Part 92: Prom Night 3/4

A few hours had passed by now, you were having a great time dancing, eating and chatting with Loki and the other Avengers. You could tell Loki was still a bit upset over the whole Adam situation, you said that if he tried to cause problems again you would just get a restraining order. Loki still wasn't lightening up so you took him to a secluded spot behind a column and you grabbed his face, quietly yelling at him "dummy, you're the only one for me,". Loki tried to apologize, but you told him to shut up, as you grabbed him by the collar, yanking him towards you and into a kiss. 

He soon picked you up, pinning you against the column, as he held you tight and kissed you passionately. This went on for a few minutes until Natasha and Wanda showed up, and you both quickly pulled away. They told you it was nearly time for the "thing" and Loki immediately asked what they were talking about. You kissed Loki one more time telling him it was a surprise, giving him a wink as Natasha dragged you off to go get ready. You fixed your lipstick while Wanda fixed your hair, as all three of you prepared for the surprise you had for Loki. 

You promptly headed over to the stage, heart racing as you were really nervous about what you were going to do but you were equally just as excited for it. Natasha got everyone's attention, announcing that you had something very special plan, for a very special someone. She handed you the microphone, as you once again said hi to everyone, hoping they were all having a good time before getting to your surprise. You took a breath and told everyone that you did indeed prepare something for someone very special. 

"He's the love of my life and I wanted to show him exactly what his love means to me," you began as your face started to turn red. Loki made his way over to the stage as you spoke, standing next to his brother very curious about what you had planned for him. You saw Loki standing there and you gave him a little wave before telling him that you loved him, you'd go to hell and back for him, and that you planned to spend the rest of your mortal life by his side. He was starting to catch on, as he recalled that over the past few weeks when you thought no one was looking you would be doing little dance moves. You were also singing in your room and doing vocal warm-ups when you were by yourself, but he couldn't quite tell what song you were singing. Loki calls out to you, asking if you really spent the last several weeks rehearsing a song and dance routine for him. You looked at him with a blank expression before a little smile stretched onto your face as you said "yes, yes I did,". You then yelled "hit it," to the DJ as you rushed off to get into position and get on your headset. 

The music starts and the curtains at the back of the stage open up and you come out looking very different than you did a minute ago. Wanda used her magic to help you with your costume change; you didn't actually change your dress just the underskirt, you needed to put on a different petticoat to accommodate a high-low dress look. You had added in straps and the like under the front of your dress so you could gather it, pulling it up and apart to style it the way you wanted it to make sure it wouldn't get in the way while performing. You also added a pair of holographic fairy wings and changed your shoes to a pair of silver and gold thigh-high gladiator boots with a short sturdy heel meant for lots of movement.  

You couldn't help but smile as you started singing the beginning of the song "My Superstar" by Jessie J. You were more or less feeling yourself, living in the moment, looking up and around until the chorus hits and the beat drops. As soon as the line "You, you make me happy," came up you made eye contact with Loki, not letting your eyes drift away from him for the rest of the performance. At least until the final powerful high-note came up where you closed your eyes and crouched slightly, focusing on hitting the high note, pushing your voice to its limits. You absolutely crushed it, you were on par, if not better than other musical performers, it was definitely the highlight of the prom.  

The song ends and you're catching your breath as everyone cheers, but when you look back into the crowd Loki wasn't where he was before. He actually had disappeared from view and you worried that he didn't like your song, or maybe it was too public, or too loud. You tried to not look upset, giving them a bow and smiling at them but you really wanted to run away and hide as you felt your heart begin to sink. When suddenly from behind Loki grabbed you and picked you up, spinning you around in his arms before giving you a kiss. As your lips locked your arms shot up and everyone could hear you say "yes!" under your breath seeing as the sound was amplified through your headset.  

They all started to laugh at how cute and silly you were being but when Loki pulled away he could see tears running down your face. He removed your headset and teleported you off to the side behind the stage so no one would see you upset. You quickly dry your eyes, fanning your face with your hands as you calmed down from everything you were feeling. You took deep breaths as you walked over to sit down, it would really suck to have a panic attack here, right now. Loki came over asking you what was wrong, kneeling down before you he took your hands asking again if anything was the matter. You began to tell Loki when you didn't see him right away after singing you thought he didn't like it and left. He placed his hands on the sides of your face telling you that although it was a little more public than he was used to, he loved and enjoyed every second of it. 

You ask Loki to help you get your wings off but he told you to leave them, he liked them and wanted you to wear them for the rest of the night. "Okay," you said as you popped into a side room where you were keeping your stuff to put on your original underskirt. You came out looking the way you did at the beginning of the night except with wings but you soon lifted your dress to reveal that you were still wearing the gladiator boots. "They're surprisingly comfortable," you say while showing them off, asking Loki what he thought. He whispers, asking if you'll wear them later and you blush wildly, shaking your head, yes, knowing exactly what he meant. 

You then slipped out of the party with Loki to take a walk through the gardens, holding hands while enjoying the surprisingly warm evening. You sat down together on a beautifully carved stone bench to look at the flowers and gaze up at the stars. Loki looked back at you, noticing you were admiring the corsage, he saw you staring down at it like it was your most cherished treasure. He let out a small laugh and you turned to him a bit confused, asking him what was so funny. "I don't understand, it's just a silly little thing, is it really that important to you?" Loki asked and you look at him a bit bewildered. You then smiled while saying "oh I don't know if you're aware but the love of my life gave this to me, making it one of the most precious things in the universe,". Loki's eyes went wide and he started to blush while you told him you would get it treated with glycerin so you could keep it forever. You also said you wanted to get his boutonniere treated with glycerin too, to display them in a picture box frame together so you could always look back and remember tonight. 

"It really means that much to you?" Loki asked in disbelief and you nod your head, it wasn't gold or jewels but because it was from him, he made it for you, it became one of your most prized possessions. Loki then told you that he could make a potion so they'd stay preserved forever, so you could display them in that photo box you mentioned. You smiled wide at Loki and while leaning up to kiss him, you thanked him in advance for doing that for you. Loki then took your hand and escorted you back to the Cathedral, where you could hear someone announcing something. "It's that time of the evening where we announce our Prom King or Queen," you hear Tony exclaim and you were surprised, it was one of the only prom traditions you didn't plan for tonight.