Chapter 30

Arthur Leywin POV

I woke up the next morning next to a sleeping Tess. Sylvie just laid comfortably at our feet with her belly to the air. I was just looking at Tess and admiring her beauty, when I heard someone breathing to my right. I slowly turned my head to see where the breathing was coming from.

My eyes widened and my heart jumped, when I saw the face of a stern old man just inches away from me, staring directly into my soul.

"Bah!!" He screamed.

"Ahhhhhhhh!!" I screamed in return nearly jumping out of my skin as I sat up in bed.

"Eeekkkk!" Tess screamed as she was startled by the noice, as she sat up in bed as well.

Sylvie looked up for a second, and looked around. When she saw what was happening, she just laid her head back down.

'It's way to early for this.' Sylvie said mentally.

"Grandpa! What are you doing? Why are you in Art's room!" Tess yelled panting after being startled.

"Ya, what the hell gramps!" I yelled as well.

"Hahaha, I could ask you the same thing little one." Gramps said with a smirk. "Did you two sleep well?" Gramps asked in an amused tone as he stood up straight.

Tess and I just gave him an irritated look. "Gramps, I'm about to throw Sylvie at you." I said in an irritated tone.

'Don't even think about it.' Sylvie said mentally, still not caring about the situation.

"Hahahaha, oh calm down. The reason I'm here is to make sure you both wake up. You both need to get ready to go to Xyrus academy remember. And brat, I thought you said you were going to finishing packing yesterday. It still looks like you have some stuff to pack." Gramps said looking at us with a raised brow.

"Well I started but I got distracted, so that's my bad gramps. I'll finish up." I said sheepishly.

His eyes then flicked to Tess, and gave a smirk. "Was Tessia the distraction?" Gramps asked.

"Grandpa!" Tess said looking down a little embarrassed.

I looked down as well a little red faced. "Shut up gramps." I said getting a laugh out of gramps.

"Alright you two, just get up, finish packing, and get dressed. If there is still time, we will all have breakfast and be off." Gramps said

"We? Are you coming with us?" Tess asked.

"Yes, we are all going. While you two will be going to Xyrus academy, your mom, dad, and I will be meeting with the other council members." Gramps said.

Tess and I nodded at this. "Now hurry up and get ready." Gramps said as he walked out of the room.

I looked over at Tess and smiled, as I saw her stretching her arms over her head. I leaned over, giving her a quick peck on the cheek. She was caught off guard a little, but quickly gave a soft smile. I climbed out of bed, and walked over to the rest of the stuff I had to pack.

"Alright Tess, I'm gonna finish packing up, and then I'll get dressed. I'll see you in a bit ok." I said looking at her with a smile. Tess nodded happily.

"Same here, I'll see you soon Art." Tess said as she got out of bed. Tess walked out of my room,  to go to her room and pack.

When she walked out of the room, I heard Aya's voice from the hallway. "Fun night princess?"

"Ugh, shut up Aya." Tess replied getting a laugh out of Aya as the door closed.

I couldn't help but laugh at this as well. I finished going over all of my belongings. I placed everything I packed into my dimension ring, and walked over to the bed and grabbed Sylvie.