Chapter 44

Arthur Leywin POV

I left my bedroom shortly after Tess did, since she wanted to go to her own room to get ready for tonight. I told Tess I needed to meet with the disciplinary committee, which was true, but I had a more important meeting to attend to beforehand. I knocked on Grandma's office door, and heard her say, "Come in."

I opened the door and saw Grandma sitting at her desk looking over some papers. She saw me walk in, and a loving smile graced her face. "Good morning Arthur." Grandma said as she stood up.

"Good morning Grandma." I said as I walked around the desk and gave her a hug.

"Are you ready for tonight?" Grandma said with a loving and teasing smile.

I took a deep breath. "Ya. Did it come in?" I asked with nervousness.

Grandma smiled and nodded as she pulled out a small rectangular black and gold box out of her dimensional ring. "Came in yesterday, delivered directly from Zestier. Made by Aarod himself." Grandma said with a warm smile.

I smiled as she happily gave me the box. "Did you open it yet?" I asked.

Grandma shook her head. "No, I wanted you to be the first one to open it." Grandma said with a smile.

I opened the box, and smiled happily seeing the contents of the box. Inside was a silver bracelet with emeralds embedded in it.

Grandma looked at the bracelet and smiled

Grandma looked at the bracelet and smiled. "She is going to love this!"

"I hope so." I said with nervousness.

"She will." Grandma said, placing her hand on my shoulder.

*knock* *knock*

Grandma looked at me and gave me a nod. I closed the box and readied myself.

"Come in." Grandma said.

I shook with nervousness as I watched the door open as Mother, Father, and Gramps walked in.

"Hello Cynthia. We got your call, is everything ok?" Gramps said as he walked in, then his eyes flicked to me. "Oh, hello brat. Get into some trouble already?" Gramps said teasingly, getting a laugh out of everyone.

"Hey everyone." I said a little shakily. Even after being raised by them, I couldn't help but feel nervous.

"Hello sweetie, is everything ok?" Mother asked as she and Father took me into a hug.

"Y-ya." I said, still a little nervous.

"Are you sure? You seem a little pale." Father said as he looked at me a little worried.

"No, I'm fine." I said as we broke the hug.

"Sorry for calling you here and giving you vague information. But Arthur has something important he needs to talk to you about." Grandma said, giving me a smile and a nod.