Chapter 88

Arthur Leywin POV

Two months later

Hell, absolute hell. That's what this is.

"Ahhh!" I yelled as I appeared under the dome again.

"Pathetic, again!" Grey yelled as we appeared back in the mind realm.

'You know, I'm just going to stay put at this point. You're just going to die soon anyway.' Regis said mentally while snickering.

'Fuck you!' I yelled mentally with irritation.

I got my sword and armor ready as Grey dashed forward. Grey thrust his sword forward as I parried his attack to the right. Grey quickly spun left on his heel as he swung his sword horizontally. I raised my sword and blocked his attack.

Grey made a circular motion with his sword, causing me to lose my defensive stance. Grey pulled his sword away as I stumbled forward. Grey swung his sword down as he severed my hands from my wrists. I didn't even get the chance to yell as Grey spun again, swinging his sword as he cut off my head.

***

I readied despair and my armor as we reappeared in the mind realm. Grey dashed forward again and swung his sword upwards in a diagonal arc.

I brought my sword down and parried his attack. Like it was one movement, Grey stepped to the side, lifted his sword, and swung it horizontally toward me. I raised my sword, blocking his attack. As our blades collided, he quickly pulled his sword away and swept my leg, causing me to fall to the ground.

Before I could get up, Grey slammed his foot into my chest and thrust his sword into my heart.

***

"Damnit," I yelled as I readied myself again with my armor and despair.

Grey dashed forward and quickly sidestepped to the left. Grey brought his sword to his right as he gripped it with both hands. I saw an opening to his left side and didn't hesitate to move in.

I dashed forward and thrust despair toward Grey. Grey swung his sword down, parrying my attack, as he spun to my left. I quickly swung despair horizontally, following Grey. Grey simply ducked as despair swung over his head. Grey lunged forward as he thrust his sword into my chest

Two months later (4months of training)

I got my armor and despair ready as Grey stood across from me. I dashed forward before Grey could move. I needed to get the advantage, and quickly. I swung despair in a right horizontal slash towards Grey.

Grey swung his sword upwards, parrying my attack. I lost my balance as the impact from the block lifted my sword arm above my head. Grey thrust his sword forward toward my chest, and I spun to the right dodging his attack.

I quickly turned to face him in time to see his sword coming toward my face in a horizontal slash. I lifted despair in front of me as I blocked his attack. Grey pulled his sword away, and I swung my sword down vertically toward Grey. Grey sidestepped to his left as despair met nothing but air.

Grey grabbed my right wrist with his left hand and pulled me forward as he tripped me with his leg. I fell face-first to the ground as I felt Grey plunge his sword into my back.

***

I readied my armor and despair as Grey dashed forward. I spun to the left as he approached, trying to get behind him. As I turned to face him, I saw he was already facing my direction and in a defensive stance. I gritted my teeth as I knew he had a perfect defense.

I dashed forward as I lifted despair above my head and swung it down vertically towards Grey. Grey shook his head as he quickly sidestepped to his right and swung his sword up.