Chapter 118

Arthur Leywin POV

I finished putting my belt through all my pant loops and strapped the belt buckle. I sat on the bed and slipped my feet into my leather boots. I leaned down, strapping my boots, before my eyes flicked up.

I smiled, seeing Tess dressed in a white T-shirt, black pants, and leather boots. She was sitting at the vanity, brushing her hair while looking at her reflection. A small smile was plastered on her face, with a rosy blush on her cheeks, and I swear it looked like she was glowing. Once I finished strapping my boots, I stood up and grabbed my shirt off the bed.

I put on my shirt and began to make my way over to Tess. Tess' beautiful pearls flicked to me through the mirror, and her smile widened.

"Hey, you," I said affectionately, placing my hands on her shoulders.

"Hey." She responded fondly, continuing to brush her hair.

I put a small amount of pressure on her shoulders while warming them up a little with fire magic. I slowly began to squeeze my hands, giving her shoulders a massage. Tess stopped moving her brush as she was midway through a brush stroke. She closed her eyes while smiling, humming in bliss.

I smiled warmly, admiring her, feeling lucky to have her in my life. I leaned down and placed a quick kiss on her cheek. Tess giggled before she opened her eyes and turned her head to face me. Our eyes locked, and I could see the affectionate look in her eyes. We leaned forward, pressing our lips together, sharing a loving kiss. We broke the kiss, and I leaned my forehead against hers.

"I love you, you know," I whispered.

Tess slowly nodded as our foreheads gingerly rubbed against each other. "I know. I love you too, with all my heart."

My heart skipped a beat hearing her say that. We stayed like this for a few minutes until I pulled away from her. I stood up straight and continued to massage her shoulders gently.

"Go ahead and continue getting ready. We'll head out once you're done." I said.

Tess nodded and continued to brush her hair. After a few more brush strokes, she placed her brush on the vanity and picked up some hair ties. I watched her every movement as she braided her hair and pulled it back. After a brief moment, she fixed the last of her hair before she gave me a nod.

"Alright, good to go," Tess stated.

I nodded as I took my hands off her shoulders. I reached my hand out towards Tess, earning a warm smile from her. Tess took my hand, and I helped her stand up from the chair.

"Let's go," I said as we walked to the front door.

I opened the door, which led to a hallway the same color as the room. I noticed the hallway was empty, and I couldn't hear anyone talking.

"Huh, I wonder where everyone is?" I asked curiously.

"They're probably out. I think it's afternoon right now, after all." Tess responded.

I nodded before we began to make our way down the hallway and eventually came to a set of large double doors. I opened the doors and blinked several times as the bright sunlight burst through. The sound of people talking and walking could be heard as we stepped out of the building.

I looked around, seeing people in armor and military uniforms marching around. I also noticed people in civilian attire, who were probably at the wall to assist the military.

I looked to my left at Tess and stuck my elbow out. Tess smiled as she hooked her arm around mine before we started to walk off. Tess held me close as we made our way through the street. A nice breeze blew around us, making the stroll feel perfect, and Tess leaned her head down, resting it against my shoulder.