Ch. 96: What?

Before you read:

I'm sorry I haven't been posting this story...I've fallen down a hole of nothing but Ghostface, Billy, and Stu.....

Because of this...I will be writing a fanfic based on the summer before the first scream...

If any of you are interested, you can check it out...tho it's honestly quite embarrassing and I'd rather you don't...

And those who are looking forward to the second book of this story, I'll try and get on it as soon as possible...

Love Y'all!

——

After not finding him at the hospital, Derek and I stay to check out his jeep as everyone else goes with lydia to check out Eichen. I feel like I need to stay here, that I'm supposed to be here.

I park my car by the jeep, the kids in the backseat reading as Derek hooks up the jumper cables. I open his jeep, looking for anything that might be useful. I shifting through loose papers as Aiden walks up. They get the jeep started as they begin to talk.

"So...do you think he was just sleep walking...or do you think it was something more?"

"In this town, it's always something more."

I roll my eyes as I struggle to find anything as I listen to the two talk.

"What if I told you I know something more?"

I look up from the glove box and floorboard, looking at Aiden from my spot as he continues.

"I kinda overheard...by listening in on Stiles talking to Scott on how he thinks he's the one who left the message in the chemistry room...the message that was left for barrow to kill Kira..."

"You think Stiles...skinny, defenseless Stiles is the Nogitsune...the powerful dark spirit?"

"I'm not the only one thinking it, just the only one saying it..."

I stand, moving towards them as Derek begins to speak.

"This thing wants to possess someone and it chooses Stiles? Why not just take someone bigger...stronger...someone with a little more power..."

He looks down as I begin to speak.

"Because spirits and demons are proven to go after those in a weakened mindset...someone under a lot of stress...or experiencing grief...or a child..."

Derek is still looking down as I rush away, heading for my car. I open the passenger door, shifting through the papers in my school bag. I finally find what I'm looking for right as I hear a spark sound. Aiden walks up behind me, looking at the paper in my hands as I back away from the open door.

"Is..that a kids drawing?"

Derek walks up, looking over my other shoulder as I look right at the figure behind Stiles. I walk pat them, ignoring them as I walk towards Nia's side of the vehicle as she lookup from her book. She smiles as I open the door, holding out her drawing for her to look at.

"Sweetie...who is that?"

"He's the bad man...he's not very nice...and he makes uncle stiles do bad things..."

Her smile drops as she looks worried, staring at the smirking crayon figure on the page. Derek and Aiden stand behind me, looking at her in surprise. I reach forward, gently grabbing her hand as I throw on a smile.

"Nia...how do you know the bad man?"

"He's always with Uncle Stiles..."

——