Jealousy

IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING THIS FOR TWO DAYS!! I always work on these at night (besides now) because I'm always busy during the day,but recently I've been particularly tired.
I'm trying my best to keep up for this, and I will continue to keep posting as often as possible.

This chapter will be fluff and maybe angst if you squint.

Tsukasa POV

It was a Saturday, at 11 A.M., and I was sitting up on my bed. There were so many things going off in my head, and I needed to think about them.

Rui has been more distant to me lately. After asking Emu, Mizuki, and Nene, it seems like they think nothing is wrong. I mean, Mizuki and Nene have known him for way longer, so whatever they think must be correct. I thought.

Sighing, I started scribbling some more notes into my book about what the problem may be.

Not long ago, he said that he was trying to make new friends. Why does he need new friends? Am I not good enough?

I got up off my bed, and started to get ready for the day. I planned to meet up with Rui at a park, like a friend date. I planned on confronting him about this behavior, but I didn't want to seem like I couldn't stop thinking about him. Just as I thought this, my phone buzzed.

Rui had sent a message which said,

Tsukasa, I might be a few minutes late, just thought I'd let you know <3

That's nice of him and all, but why would he put a heart? I responded to him saying,

Okay! I don't mind at all

I hesitated before sending. Immediate replies were not uncommon whenever it was Rui who was texting me. Despite this, I really didn't want him thinking that I was so eager to talk to him.

After I finished getting dressed and ready, I made my way out my my stairs and started heading towards the garage.

"Where are you headed off to?" My mom put a light hand on my shoulder.

"Oh, hi mom! I'm just going to hang out with a friend for a while. Is that alright?"

"Yes, but make sure that you're back by 6:00. You can't always be late for dinner, you know." My mom humored herself.

"Alright, I'll set a timer on my phone just in case forget, which I won't!" I announced proudly.

"I trust you, now go have fun!" With her permission, I opened the garage and got in the car. Before I went, I decided to text Rui again.

I'm on my way, will be there in 10.

Setting down my phone, I gripped the steering wheel. I'll finally be able to talk to him about his behavior. It's still weird that he needs new friends, or something. I mean, he has enough already.

Skip to when he's at the park

I stood near the front gate of the park, watching some children play on the playset with each other. Man, I remember coming here with Saki a long time ago. We're far too old to play here like before, but it'd be fun. Every once in a while I would reminisce about the times I had in this park. Back when my parents were still together, Saki and I really enjoyed coming here.