School Shenanigans

ART CREDS!!! https://twitter.com/chanms_?s=20&t=0itF6NDXQjd-s0nwcKKHng
Shenanigans
ALSO ITS SHOWIMG THAT ALL OF MY UPDATES WERE FROM YESTERDAY. IDK IF THIS IS LATE OR EARLY
This episode will be fluff
TW/CW: Explosives, swearing

Rui POV

I sat next to an irritated Tsukasa in the principal's office. A few hours before, I had gotten us involved in some "dangerous activity", as the principal would say. However, I knew it wasn't dangerous because I always check things thrice.

Unfortunately, the school board didn't think that my invention was safe for school grounds. They even went as far as calling my art illegal, which pissed me off.

The principal was the first to break the silence in the room. "So, why are you two in here today.. again?" She pushed up her glasses and stared at us blankly.

Tsukasa heaved a sigh and replied, "We're I'm here because of an accident, is all."

"Do you mind elaborating on that accident?" She spoke as if she didn't believe us.

I scoffed. "No, I don't mind at all. Let me fill you in on what really happened."

~~
A few hours prior
~~

I held a plastic box, a little bigger than a ring box, which was melted together on each edge. The contents inside it consisted of highly flammable and explosive material, so I was sure to keep it safe and in my reach.

This was until it dropped out of my pocket during a passing period in an almost empty hallway.

Thud!

The heavy box hit the ground right next to a student. "Oh, I'll get that for you!" They happily offered.

"Thanks! Oh, but don't press that button." I warned as the student picked it up. They began spinning it around as if examining it.

"What does it do?" They inquired, poking at the material.

I can't say that I've been carrying around an explosive with me. That'll for sure get me in trouble. What's a believable lie..?

"It uh.. blows up with sparkles in stuff! Please don't press it. I'm saving it for something and it might hurt on impact."

The student seemed to not mind my warning or very effective persuading at all, and they ended up pressing the button anyways.

A loud 'BOOM' sounded after the person hit the button.

Holy shit!

They screeched, but probably more out of fear than pain. Luckily none of their clothes were caught on fire. I decided to flee the scene, grabbing the box and running.

"Hm? Rui! There you are." Tsukasa just so happened to be turning into the hallway. In my panicked state, I simply grabbed his forearm and yanked him along with me. "W-Wha!? Where are you taking us?"

"Shh!! The hallways are empty so we can get away now."

I heard the student at the end of the hallway beginning to sprint after me. "You're lucky that it didn't hurt me! Come back here so I can-"

Not fully hearing through the threat, I pulled Tsukasa into a classroom that nobody uses. I then lead us under a cramped table.

My chest heaved as I panted. I feel sort of bad.. I didn't mean for that to happen. However, it's not my fault that they ignored my warning.

"Rui what the fuck just happened?" The blonde frowned at me.

"It's not my fault, Tsukasa! I warned them and they didn't listen!" I immediately defended myself. Knowing that he'd catch onto the scenario, I didn't bother giving a full explanation.

"Seriously? Again?" He sighed and leaned his head on my shoulder, pulling out his inhaler. "I better not get in trouble if something goes wrong." As he spoke, high heels were sounded from outside the classroom and concerned voices.

*principal*
*student*

"Yes, ma'am! He ran down here with one of his friends."

"I'll check this classroom, just wait for a minute." The door handle jiggled as it was unlocking.

I gripped Tsukasa's hand tightly and scooted us farther behind the table and into the corner.

The door opened.

It creaked and was followed by the clacking of high heels on the tile floor. I gulped.

"Kamishiro, if you're in here, I advise you to come out immediately. You've threatened the safety of our student and could've hurt them."

I felt anxiety butterflies in my stomach, but then Tsukasa did something. He slipped out from under the table and stood up to the principal.

"Miss, I did it." He crossed his arms and blew our a sigh.

"What? Tenma, our model student?" She looked shocked and disappointed.

"Well, I made the device. I let Rui hold onto it for a while, and I knew I should've been more careful with it."

Is he stupid? Why would he stand up for me like that!? Now I feel even worse. It's not his problem to deal with..

"Sheesh, you really don't have to do that, y'know." I stood up from under the table and rubbed the back of my neck ashamedly.

Tsukasa whipped around, his eyes widening. "Rui, you were supposed to stay under! Why don't you ever let me cover for you!?" He set his hands on his hips.

"Well, it wouldn't be very fun if only you got the punishment. At least let me share a detention with you~" I hummed.

"You two have so much explaining, come with me to my office this instant!"

~~
Back at the office
~~

I still stood my ground. "I promise that I gave them a warning not to press the button."

"Huh.. I understand. Despite this, everything could have gone way worse, and next time it'll lead to an expulsion, understood?"

An expulsion!? No way.. I can't get expelled because of an accident!

"And you, Tenma, as an accomplice you'll also get an after school detention."

He nodded formally.

After she stood up and left us in the office alone for a few minutes. I glanced over at him and back away awkwardly. I then felt his gaze on me, so I looked back again.

"Sorry.." I wanted to disappear. I had gotten my best friend in trouble because of a little mistake.

"It's fine," He placed a hand on mine and lifted my face, making me look at him. "If you do end up getting expelled, I'll get you back in, alright? My family has a few tricks up our sleeve... and don't over think anything."

He gave a soft, beautiful smile and kissed me on the temple.

"T-Tsukasa!?" I turned into a flushed red, and he simply chuckled contently.

♡~♡~♡~♡

Long ass chapter ik
I'm sorry if there are hella errors or if it's really bad, I'm not used to writing more than like 3 characters at once and I just kinda randomly got this plot idea

Anyways, tysm for reading! 💖