Past the Screen

ART CREDS!!: https://twitter.com/prt_0605?t=w0PZPG25xmvv384aI_0aDw&s=09
Gamerkasa and gamerui
This episode will be fluff and slight angst

Tsukasa POV

I turned on my PS5 and quickly put on my headset. For a couple years now I'd been talking to a friend online. We had a large selection of games that we usually played, but mostly played action shooter games.

Even though we hadn't met each other in real life, we video called all the time and knew each other's real names. Often times we'd discuss meeting up, which we would do the next day.

"Hey, quick question." I felt nervous as I spoke to him.

"What's up, getting cold feet?" Rui giggled.

"N-No! I just wanted to ask you if you were still down to meet up."

"Yeah, we've been talking about this for a while now. You seem worried, do you.. not want to?" He sounded slightly disappointed.

"No, of course I'll still go, but I'm just anxious, is all." I brushed it off and Rui seemed to understand how I felt.

We kept playing and talking for the remainder of the day, and I went to bed only thinking about him. I thought that maybe I might've had feelings for an online friend, which is something I'd make fun of someome for.

Maybe once I meet him in real life, my feelings will be confirmed. I just don't want him to act completely different to me. What if I'm not what he's expecting..?

My mind began firing up many "What if" scenarios, as if it was pleading for me to make a mistake.

Eventually I fell asleep, dreading what would come.

~~
The next day- Morning
                                     ~~

I got ready and put on my normal blue blazer and pants. This was the day!

My nervousness was replaced by anticipation and curiosity. I'm sure he'll look great, so I can't look bad either.

I put extra care into my hair and even rubbed some ointment into my skin to repair some blemishes. I drove to the meeting spot, which was about an hour away, but as I approached, my stomach began filling with butterflies.

As I arrived, my heart sank. All I could think about were the unnerving thoughts from the night before, rather on the thoughts that I was going to be actually meeting my best friend (maybe even crush).

Sitting down on a nearby bench, I waited for him to appear. My eyes scanned the area, and I was half not wanting him to show up so I could save myself the embarrassment.

Despite this, he showed up. I blushed as soon as I saw him.

He was tall and slender, his hair looked really fluffy AND it was purple! His outfit was also casual, but I still thought it was cute.

I almost instinctively covered my face and hid, but I took a few deep breaths to calm down.

Think about the scenery. It's a beautiful day, the sun is warm and shining, the trees are waving in the perfect breeze, and the grass has never been greener.