Sigma x Reader

Thanks @Sorbet29 for the request!
——————————————————————

Who would've known that I would walk into the casino with my pockets full of money just to walk out with half that amount but a full heart?  Gambling away my savings was sure worth it after seeing the gorgeous manager dealing out the cards at one of the tables. 

I hadn't thought twice about sitting at the same gaming table the whole night, striking up conversation with the light haired guy that left me yearning like a love sick puppy.  I couldn't even recall the last time someone made me feel that way and this guy had done it instantly. 

Dialing back my emotions before logic was thrown out the window, I decided his pleasantness was how he treated all of his customers but a part of me still hoped that there was some genuine flirty banter in there somewhere. 

My head reeled back to breathe in the night air with a smile.  I was sure to come back each night even if I ended up in debt for that guy.  Even his little nickname drew me in.  Sigma.  I was definitely returning the next night.

~~~

A few weeks passed and I was utterly infatuated with the casino manager.  It wasn't just my imagination coming up with his subtle smirks and occasional winks that left me weak with desire.  We started flirting openly, each smooth line another way I was falling deeper. 

In a way, I began to see it as a dance of admiration that made us push and pull without ever fully joining in step.  I desperately wanted to confess but I also wanted to be absolutely sure that he wasn't just luring me back to spend more money, even though I'd still gladly do so.  It wasn't a secret that charms in a casino could very well be faked in order to bring in more funds. 

Even just the thought made my mood dampen severely.  If that turned out to be true then I would promise myself to never allow myself to fall so easily again.  This was already a risky crush to have without added doubt making me more anxious than ever. 

Shaking my head, I refocused on navigating through the streets instead of my growing unease.  My hand checked my pocket yet again where the small gift remained.  He had mentioned liking cookies once during one of our many pleasant conversations and so I planned to deliver them tonight along with my confession. 

I strode through the doors of the now familiar casino, a mask of confidence sliding into place as I smirked.  Each step was purposeful with my eyes scanning across the casino in search of Sigma.  It didn't take long for me to spot him at his usual table, a deck of cards sliding between his fingers skillfully.  My face warmed instantly at the sight. 

I took a quick moment to slide my hand through my hair and brush off my suit jacket, making my way over to the holder of my interest.  His head lifted with his eyes staring intensely at me before I had even approached the table.  His gaze was intense and sent pleasurable chills down my spine.  I gave him a wink as I slid onto the stool by his side.  He batted his eyelashes as if feeling bashful, one of his hands hovering over his chest scandalously. 

"My, my, you've returned for more?  You scoundrel," he clearly flirted.  I cast him a smirk, my hand sliding to rest over one of his gently.  The action made his face brighten considerably, causing me to chuckle.  Breaking the contact, I pulled my hand back to rest my face against my palm. 

"You know I only return for you.  I don't know if you've noticed but I'm rather hopeless with gambling," I stated, giving him another wink.  He cast me a look that showed how much he knew of my horrible skills regarding money games.  I put my hands up in mock surrender. 

Taking a quick look around, I noticed a lack of people near us.  It was the perfect opportunity.  My hand slipped into my pocket as Sigma gave me a curious glance at my shift in focus.  His eyes immediately widened at the plastic bag I held up between us. 

"I've brought you an offering and some news," I quietly announced.  Placing the bag in his hold, I allowed my fingers to cup around his hands tenderly.  My gaze pierced his as his face started to darken more with an anticipating smile pulling at his lips.  "I was hoping you would become my lover." 

Eyes widening even further, his mouth opened in shock.  I waited nervously for him to collect his composure.  It wasn't until I breathed out shakily that I realized I was holding my breath in nervousness. 

"I'd love for you to be my boyfriend," he whispered somewhat shyly with a smile.  My heart nearly burst as I dropped his hands to fling my arms around his waist enthusiastically.  He gave a surprised yelp before letting out pleased chuckles.  Everything was going to turn out perfectly.

~~~

That fateful day made this moment possible.  I smiled warmly down at Sigma's peaceful face, my fingers brushing through his long hair lovingly.  We've spent months together and each second spent with him made my heart flutter. 

I leaned down to press a kiss upon his forehead, his lips curving into a satisfied smile as he slept on in my arms.  He was perfect for me in every way and I planned to be the perfect match for him as well.