Sigma x Reader (Part 1)•

Thanks @AsherTrejo for the request!
———

As an undercover spy for the ADA, I surely always had my work cut out for me.  Whether it was infiltrating high security bases or attending enemy social gatherings, I was prepared for everything that was thrown my way.  I could escape a closed off room with only a bottle of wine.  I could fall seven stories and survive.  I can and have disguised myself as hundreds of different personas, each one allowing me all kinds of new information. 

So when I was assigned to scope out the Sky Casino, I figured it would be easy enough to gather some type of useful information while I was here.  I knew a few facts already about the place that seemed to appear out of nowhere one day.  It was supposedly a lawless land that ruled under no jurisdiction.  If it came down to it, conflict was allowed but as a last resort.  Drawing attention to myself while I was here wasn't strategic though. 

My hand dove into my pocket to check that my phone was there while also double checking that the small microphone on my body was on along with the hidden camera.  Ensuring that everything was working well, I set out to see what I could find in a place like this.  I didn't expect much to be kept out in the open but after a few steps, I could feel the secrets of the place thrumming underneath the surface. 

Slot machines provided bright lights and anticipating music that left patrons on the edge of their seats to stare at the screens.  Gambling tables were scattered across the patterned floor where people wept and cheered loudly, the dealers all with poker faces and tight smiles.  There were drinks fizzing and explosive laughter, the air chilled and yet on the verge of sparking with the tension of the place.  I wouldn't be surprised if someone brought out a pistol if they were dealt a poor hand. 

"Isn't it beautiful?  It's a whole kingdom of its own," a voice sighed out behind me.  I swiveled around on my heel, a bit unnerved that the man I made eye contact with had snuck up on me.  Never in all my years has someone managed to catch me by surprise with the way he did.  It was also rare for me to immediately take romantic interest in someone so quickly but I couldn't help the way I stood a bit taller at the sight of the handsome man. 

"I suppose it is.  Without any regulation, it's certainly one of a kind," I offered back with a nod.  The man smiled warmly, catching me off guard over a small gesture.  His hair was long and cascaded down his back in paired white and lavender coloring.  His suit accentuated his form without being tight fitting, the lining of the tails of it glittering like midnight stars.  The whole outfit brought out the cunning gray of his eyes that were looking over me just as analytically. 

"You're not a usual customer.  I'm Sigma, the manager of this establishment," he stated, offering his hand.  I took it without hesitation, gently shaking while trying to pick apart each of his words.  He had a top position in a place with no laws and most likely had all sorts of information that could come in handy.  If I worked him right, I could get him to spill some of this casino's secrets. 

"I'm y/n.  It's a pleasure to meet you.  Is there anything I should check out first while I'm here?" I questioned with an innocent tilt of my head.  Sigma perked up instantly, his hand sliding down my arm and causing chills to rise along the back of my neck as he brushed against my side.  He flashed me a dazzling smile that made my knees weak before guiding me forward with our arms locked together.  The contact was surprising but not altogether unpleasant. 

"There's plenty of slot machines but the gambling tables have higher payouts with smaller chances and includes more socializing if you're looking to meet anyone tonight."  He paused to side eye me here as if asking me if I had come here alone.  I smirked back at him, catching on to his insinuation.  His eyes shot back forward as his smile widened, his face slowly turning a lovely shade of pink.  It contrasted with the lilac side of his hair. 

"You wanna join me at one of the tables?  I think I've found who I want to socialize with for the night," I whispered, leaning close to his ear and delighting as I saw the soft skin of his neck ripple with goosebumps.  He winked back at me, leading the way towards a table in the back with a smaller group of people surrounding the playing space.  He eagerly tightened his hold on my arm, slowing his pace as if he wanted to savor this short moment between us without anyone to interrupt. 

When he stopped completely, I became slightly confused of his intentions as he leaned close to me.  My mind couldn't help straying to the soft look of his lips or the way his eyes lured me in like a moth to a flame.  It made me nervous that he had this effect on me.  He was still a complete stranger.  Someone I was going to take advantage of to gain the secrets of this place to report back to the ADA. 

"Don't think I'm not aware of what you came here for.  Just do me a favor and stay a little longer tonight.  The ADA can wait to hear what you find here," he whispered scandalously.  My heart began to race just with his words and even more so with the realization that he already had me figured out.  His eyes dropped to my mouth for a split second before he smiled again, tugging me along to the gambling table where my luck was going to be tested.  I was sure going to need it tonight.