Nikolai x Reader (Part 2)

Thanks @OliversBitch-100 for the request!
———

Walking through the city in this notoriously crime filled area was probably not the smartest thing to do but it was the only way I knew how to find him. Nikolai had gone off the grid and was too good at hiding not only his physical traces but also shielding his thoughts so I couldn't even activate my ability to try to find him that way. This was risky but perhaps it was just dangerous enough to catch his attention.

Without Nikolai, I had become an absolute mess and realized I needed him much more than I had thought. If the tears on his face when he had left me were any indication then he also needed me as well. Although if that were the case then why was I out here looking for him? He would've tried to find me after realizing that he missed me enough to put aside his fears.

Sighing to myself, I felt unsure of my plan. I wanted him to want me back but the truth of it was most likely not in my favor. It wasn't realistic to think that putting on a spectacle would be enough to draw him out to me. For all I knew, he could've skipped town entirely and then I was just being a fool. I was willing to do anything to at least see his pretty face again though and my plan was already in motion. There was no backing out now, no matter all of my doubts. I wasn't going to give up on him so easily like he did for me.

A sudden voice entered my head that wasn't my own, making me quickly dart into a nearby alleyway to avoid the man that walked past me. His thoughts were bitter and sullen but not necessarily violent or threatening. Something told me that if I tried to piss him off, he'd just sigh and move on with sadder thoughts. I wasn't looking for someone who would just accept my taunting but someone who would take the bait instead. At least enough to cause a scene.

Sadly, there didn't seem to be a lot of people out despite the reputation this place had. There were a couple of people hidden in the shadows of course but their thoughts only spoke of drugs or sex, nothing that would be enough to cause me the right kind of harm. I was about ready to give up when a new, sinister train of thought cut through my jumbled mind like the knife of an assassin.

Swiveling my head in the direction of the voice of thoughts, I saw a thin, dark haired male already staring back at me. He was already planning ways that he'd need to kill me if I proved to be a threat and it made goosebumps rise along my arms. Unlike most other people, his thoughts ran in a straight line of precision rather than a puddle of passing ideas. If anyone would be terrifying enough to cause Nikolai to show up, it was this malicious stranger.

I set my sights on the man, giving him a purposeful stare. He smiled back but there was nothing warm or inviting about it. It was the wicked sneer of a wolf and the perfect person who could make the right scene to attract the right guy. As I walked nearer to him though, his thoughts shifted and I realized my mistake when he thought up of a new way to kill me. Just a touch would be enough to silence me before I had enough fear to make a sound.

"Don't look so afraid. I'm not permitted to touch you unless I wish to ruin my alliance," the stranger nodded with hints of a Russian accent as I came to a wary stop a few steps away from him. He tilted his head slightly at me as a single name tumbled through his head as if he knew my ability and how to display his mind to me. The name he showed me made my heart skip a beat and for a moment the world seemed to tilt.

"Where is he? I need to see him," I pleaded, my whole plan unraveling before my eyes. This stranger knew who Nikolai was and clearly knew about my ability as well. I couldn't tell if Nikolai would even tell this man such a thing or if he came to this conclusion on his own but what I did know with certainty was that Nikolai must've been close by. He had to be for the sake of my sanity.

"Step back y/n. Don't go anywhere near him." My head swiveled around, eyes searching to find where the achingly familiar voice had come from. When I saw Nikolai staring at me with empty eyes and a solemn expression, I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face. Just seeing him eased my mind and brought me a step closer to the same happiness he had stolen when he had left me behind.

"Nikolai! I knew I could find you. I want to apologize and make things right—." I was cut off by Nikolai pulling me into a crushing hug that knocked all the air from my lungs. My arms instinctively wrapped around him, both of us fitting together perfectly as if we were made to be each other's halves as he placed eager kisses from my neck to my jaw and towards my lips. Once he reached my mouth, his hold on me tightened before he kissed me passionately, enough to make my head spin and legs tremble.

"I'm sorry, prince. I'm so sorry, please forgive me and take me back. I can't live without you," he whispered against my lips breathily as if I hadn't already forgiven him the moment we touched. My hands cupped his face gently, pulling him in for another kiss that he hummed into pleasantly. His chest pressed against mine with his heartbeat thudding rapidly in sync with my own. It was like he never left me, like we were never apart and yearning for each other.