Poe x Reader

Thanks @Err0r_pr0cessing for the request!
———

"Can I help you?" My voice echoed in the vast room like the sound of a gun going off. The man kneeling before me flinched at the sound as countless others have done before. It was the reason this was my favorite room out of my whole base. There was something about this space that made me feel higher than I was. It was the perfect illusion to people like this man and his raccoon and invoked the right kind of fear.

"I've just brought a message from Fitzgerald, nothing more," the man trembled pathetically, his eyes glued to the ground and not daring to look up at me. It was a shame though. From what I could see through his messy hair, his eyes looked gorgeous and I desperately wanted to have them fixed on me. Even though this particular messenger of the Guild has been here many times before though, he didn't seem nearly comfortable yet. Perhaps I'd have to fix that.

I peered down at Poe with a smirk knowing that he wouldn't be able to see it but felt it if the shiver that shook his body meant anything. Strange of me to grow attached to this man considering all of the people I've met and have had kneel before me like this. I suppose there was something special about this guy that sparked something inside me. Even just his voice was enough to make me melt which felt pretty ridiculous considering my position.

"Well, stand and bring the message to me. I hope you don't expect me to stoop to your level," I drawled, crossing my legs in my seat. Even though I wanted to shower this man with affection and praise, I still had an image to keep up as a gang leader. I've lied, tortured and killed to make it here but I swear this man might be able to undo everything I've built with these little meetings for our alliance.

I watched keenly as Poe shakily stood on his legs, his hand digging inside his coat to produce a letter that he held tight in his grip. He stepped closer to me uneasily, even his raccoon bristling slightly. It was cute how he wore his fear and it made my heartbeat race. I wondered briefly how I'd feel if I could make him blush. I could only guess it'd be the best feeling in the world.

"Go ahead and hand it to me, I won't bite," I whispered with a wink, loving the way he shivered again. He reached out to hand me the letter, my fingers grasping his wrist to elicit a surprised yelp from him. His whole body went tense in panic as I chuckled to myself softly.

"Alright everyone file out and leave me alone for the next twenty minutes. This is a private matter now," I stated, casting glances at my bodyguards who nodded back at me dutifully. Poe physically blanched as his head swiveled to watch every last man leave the room, leaving just the two of us alone. Now that we were close, I could see his wide eyes that seemed to shimmer. When I realized that he was actually close to tears, I felt myself become disappointed. This wasn't the reaction I had wanted at all but I suppose that's what's expected to happen.

"Please don't hurt me. I've done nothing wrong and have been more than helpful," Poe begged through his tears. I frowned up at him, standing suddenly which only made him flinch. I felt myself cringe in response, letting his wrist go. He immediately snatched his hand to his chest as if he had been burned by the contact. This was really starting to make me feel horrible. I guess I forgot what my image might mean to someone like him who was already fearing for his life without feeling cornered and alone.

"I wasn't going to hurt you, Poe. I got them out of the room so you could breathe. You look like you're ready to collapse," I teased, reaching out for him again. I decided to move slowly, this time with him not flinching. My fingers gently wiped away a lingering tear along his cheek, feeling his soft skin growing hot under my touch. I smiled softly at him, letting down all of my walls at once for a near stranger that was cowering before me mere moments ago. This guy was going to drive me crazy with a cute blush like that.

"Oh...thank you," he mumbled breathily, not moving away from me even as my hand moved to cup his jaw. He seemed utterly transfixed in his daze as he watched me with wide eyes. There was no fear in his stare now, only surprise and curiosity. This was the expression I wanted to see. I loved seeing the look of fear and pain on others but with him I wanted to see more. I knew it was probably stupid of me but I couldn't help leaning in towards the Guild member who tensed up in response.

"Can I take you out sometime?" I whispered, lifting his head to look at me. His body leaned forward, by accident or not, and brushed against mine. I didn't tear my gaze from him for one second to show how serious I was in this request. I truly think we could become something in time if he gave me a chance to show him I was more than a threat or an ally. When his lips parted to answer, I found myself holding my breath.

"As long as Karl can come too," he responded bashfully, his face a light pink. I chuckled to myself, wrapping one of my arms around his waist to pull him fully against me. Leaning closer to hover close to his lips, I found myself smirking again. He seemed to be holding his breath now as I let my lips ghost over his just barely. Not enough to count for a kiss but to count towards something. A threat or a promise was for him to decide.

"Deal."