Mori x Reader

Thanks @Greg_thesnail185 for the request!
———

I wasn't one to turn down attention when given to me but it was definitely a red flag that I had been taken off the streets and now found myself blindfolded and chained inside an unfamiliar room with someone clearly watching me as I sat calmly. It wasn't that I didn't have a bit of fear, I was still pretty rattled from being kidnapped, but if this person wanted to hurt me they would've done it already or made their presence easily known other than the occasional tap of shoes on hardwood floors.

Actually, I had a pretty good guess on who had taken me and was staring at me now as if I couldn't tell he was there. Lately I've had the privilege of receiving letters from an anonymous admirer who I had quickly found out was the leader of the Port Mafia through my own interrogation of a small-time thief who was leaving the letters on my doorstep. It hadn't taken much for the guy to squeal the name of his boss who I'd had plenty of encounters with in the past.

"Mori? Is that you? If you wanted to meet up, you could've just asked," I frowned, tilting my head to listen for any sort of evidence that he was still in the room. The tapping on the floor paused before picking up again as I felt air stir near me. Someone touched my blindfold but didn't remove it, the person's fingers caressing the material softly, almost teasingly.

"I didn't think you'd be able to tell it was me. Not bad," a smooth voice rang out, the hair on my neck raising in response. I felt his breath fan across my face, the smell of peppermint filling my senses and making me slightly lightheaded as I tried to squirm closer. If I could get him to at least unchain me, we'd be able to have a pleasant conversation but I'm sure that wasn't what was on his mind when he took me.

"If you think that's impressive, you should see me with my detective game. I might as well work with the ADA at this point, I'm so good," I boasted sarcastically, noticing the way his fingers froze on the blindfold before his touch retracted away. I had a moment to wonder briefly if he was going to leave before I felt his knee bump into mine.

Hands touched the sides of my face as Mori's fingers slid over my blindfold. I didn't so much as breathe as the material wrapped around my head loosened before he pulled it off completely. Soft light filled my eyes, just dark enough for me to easily adjust to my surroundings. My gaze didn't get much farther than the familiar man crouched in front of me with his eyes as deep as I remembered them.

"How I've missed this face. You're not getting out of this again, I can promise you that," Mori smiled warmly, a stark contrast to his cold words. His hand slid over my skin before gripping my jaw carefully, tilting my face towards his as he looked over me like I was a new product he had just bought but wasn't sure would work right. Something bubbled up inside me at his invasive stare.

"I don't understand your obsession with me or why I can't live my life without you interfering. I'd be flustered if this wasn't getting old," I sighed as Mori's fingers slid down to my exposed collarbone with feathery touches that made me shiver. The fond smile on his lips didn't seem deterred by my words as he leaned in closer to me, the peppermint smell becoming overwhelming.

"Your ability is one that is coveted and needs to be protected. I can't properly keep you safe from a distance, it's easier for you to stay with me where I can make sure you're being properly taken care of," he spoke softly, his breath tickling my neck as he began to fiddle with the casing behind me that covered my hands. I did my best to keep my breathing neutral with his chest on mine. It would be too easy for him to feel my rapid heartbeat.

"Stop lying to yourself already and just admit you're a selfish prick who can't stand not having me by your side at all times after becoming utterly infatuated with me," I hissed through a smirk. Something clicked behind me as my arms were released, my hands immediately coming up to rest against Mori's chest but not pushing him away. He pulled away from my neck to give me a devious grin with a new darkness in his eyes.

"Whether I'm infatuated with you or not doesn't matter. You'd be stuck here either way, my poor prince, so I suggest getting comfortable," he whispered teasingly, his face moving closer. His fingers tapped my collarbone slowly, his other hand gripping my waist to ensure I didn't run. It wasn't like I would've anyways. At least not today.

When his mouth brushed against mine softly, I knew he wanted me for more than my ability. His obsession ran deeper and more twisted than any of his other assets, something that still felt weird and yet so good as I pushed into the kiss eagerly.

My hands ran through his dark hair as I felt my ability activate on its own, a deep black serpent coiling around Mori to hold him even closer as if now I was nervous he'd run away. Mori only let out a small hum of curiosity before he tilted his head to deepen the kiss, making my head light.

This felt like its own challenge in the way his tongue trailed over my lips teasingly, eliciting all kinds of responses from me that would've made me flustered if I wasn't so focused on the way his hands were sliding over me in all the right ways. This obsession of his might end up being the death of me but it would also be the destruction of him, something I'd make sure to remind him of when I ran off again.