Nathaniel x Reader

Thanks @SprinkleFish180 for the request!
———

"Get away from me, demon. Go repent for your sins elsewhere. I have no patience or time for you today," Nathaniel hissed lowly, his back turned to me as he flipped through his holy book. A smirk pulled at my lips as my wings twitched in excitement. Just hearing his voice drove me crazy and made me want to dedicate my whole life to bothering him in any way I could just to get a reaction from him. It always seemed to work anyways. He just couldn't stand the truth.

"But I came all this way to see you. Can't you at least let me rest here for a moment before pushing me away? You might find that you want me to stay after all," I whispered enticingly against his ear. He looked over his shoulder with a sneer, slamming his book shut with clear annoyance before putting distance between us and striding to the other side of the room that resembled a place of worship. How ironic considering this was where I had the most sinful thoughts.

"I want nothing to do with you, demon. I've told you plenty of times before to leave me alone. I won't be swayed by your satanic lure and sinful promises so don't bother trying," he muttered darkly, refusing to even look my way as he sat down in clear exhaustion on the bench. He opened his book yet again and held it before his eyes to block me out. I wasn't stupid though and could see the way he gripped the binding too harshly to be mere annoyance. And yet I was also sure it wasn't regular frustration making him so tense.

I couldn't help sitting myself down by Nathaniel, casually leaning back with my leg propping up on the bench. It just so happened that my hand happened to brush against his waist. His whole body tensed up in a jolt, even his glasses slipping a bit as his book dropped from his hand to land on the floor. It was only a touch, his reaction surprising me as well and causing me to pull away in case I crossed a line...again. I was expecting to find cold blooded anger on his face but I was delighted to find a soft blush across the bridge of his nose that he hurriedly tried to hide as he fixed his glasses.

"Sorry darling. I didn't think you'd react so strongly to a single touch. It was kinda cute though," I apologized through a smile. Leaning over his lap, I heard his breath hitch as I picked up the holy book from off the floor slowly. None of me was even touching him now though it was clear just hovering over him like this was enough to drive him mad. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see the way his fingers twitched as if he was imagining laying his hands on me.

"Get off me right now," he whispered dangerously, venom seeping from every word. A shiver rolled up my spine at his tone. It wasn't from fear though. His book in my hands, I sat up now balancing on my knees. He ripped his book from my hands before abruptly standing, glaring down at me. My heartbeat picked up considerably, my face warming at the hint of passion in his eyes. I wanted to swoon with the dangerous expression he wore.

"I'm not falling for that lewd look you always wear. Instead of chasing me, you should be chasing god," he sternly chastised, raising his chin to look down at me further. My wings twitched yet again, loving the feelings that swirled within me. The only reason he actually considered me a devil was how he couldn't seem to properly turn me away. I was the one thing he might be willing to defy his own rules for and he knew it. He just didn't want to accept that he felt these things.

"I'll gladly get on my knees and pray if you're the shrine. I don't even want anything more than your attention Nathaniel. I can show you so much affection, both innocent and not, if you would just let me," I smiled warmly, sitting back and crossing my legs with my hands placed in my lap. It was the only thing I could do to avoid throwing myself at him at this point. He let out a long sigh that was way better than his usual deathly silence.

He was quiet for a long moment after that, his face revealing none of his thoughts besides the occasional eye twitch. I didn't move a muscle for fear that it would sway whatever decision he was currently making. I didn't even dare breathe too loudly as I found myself leaning forward slightly in anticipation of what he would say. My hopes weren't too high but I couldn't help wishing that the way his eyes softened wasn't just in my head.

"If I allow this to happen, it will happen at my pace. Treat this as a courtship and nothing more or less. Anything physical will not be occurring soon either," Nathaniel stiffly stated, his stare averting away from me bashfully. I felt myself freeze in disbelief for a single second before I shot up to wrap my arms around Nathaniel in gratitude. His hands flew up to his sides to avoid touching me but I didn't care, only tightening my hold on him with a smirk.

"I'm sure I can change your mind about that last statement but thank you," I whispered, pushing my face against his shoulder while my wings enclosed around us. When his hands touched my waist tentatively, I felt myself melt in his arms instantly.