RADIANT, NOT RESERVED

A HOLY & UNHINDERED EMOTION

I find it odd when I hear the phrase: "Worship isn't about stirring up emotions; it's about God." Though I agree with this Biblical truth, I find myself at odds to the way this truth is often demonstrated in real time. I have found that this truth is (maybe unintentionally) used as an excuse to be "emotion-less" when singing praises and hymns to the Lord.

There ought to be no dichotomy between how one relates to their spouse, family, and friends and how one relates to the One from Whom all blessings flow and to Whom belongs all praise. Yes, He is our Lord and we treat Him with reverence; yet, do we not, with reverence, affectionately love our own earthly fathers? Is not God our Divine Spouse? Should we be unhindered in our affections toward our loved ones and yet bridle our affection and emotions toward our Savior?

When we tell the Lord, "I love you", may it be with a deLIGHTed smile (that is the overflow, unbegrudging result of faith & revelation [Luke 6:45]) for all the world to witness [Matthew 5:14-16], and not a blank expression as if we were mourning at a funeral.

~~~

"Listen, O daughter, Consider and incline your ear; Forget your own people also, and your father's house;So the King will greatly desire your beauty; Because He is your Lord, worship Him.With gladness and rejoicing they shall be brought; They shall enter the King's palace." ~Psalm 45:10-11,15

"Because you did not serve the Lord your God with joy and gladness of heart, for the abundance of everything,therefore you shall serve your enemies..."
~Deuteronomy 28:47-48

"And Nehemiah, who was the governor, Ezra the priest and scribe, and the Levites who taught the people said to all the people, "This day is holy to the Lord your God; do not mourn nor weep." For all the people wept, when they heard the words of the Law.Then he said to them, "Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength."
~Nehemiah 8:9-10

"Now as the ark of the Lord came into the City of David, Michal, Saul's daughter, looked through a window and saw King David leaping and whirling before the Lord; and she despised him in her heart. ....Then David returned to bless his household. And Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David, and said, "How glorious was the king of Israel today, uncovering himself today in the eyes of the maids of his servants, as one of the base fellows shamelessly uncovers himself!"So David said to Michal, " It was before the Lord, who chose me instead of your father and all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the Lord , over Israel. Therefore I will play music before the Lord. And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own sight..."
~2 Samuel 6:16,20-22

"Hear, O Lord, and have mercy on me; Lord , be my helper!" You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever."
~Psalm 30:10-12

"Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, you righteous; And shout for joy, all you upright in heart"
~Psalm 32:11

"Oh, magnify the Lord with me, And let us exalt His name together. I sought the Lord, and He heard me, And delivered me from all my fears.They looked to Him and were radiant, And their faces were not ashamed."
~Psalm 34:3-5

"Arise, shine; For your light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you. ...Then you shall see and become radiant, And your heart shall swell with joy; Because the abundance of the sea shall be turned to you, The wealth of the Gentiles shall come to you."
~Isaiah 60:1,5