WHEN I NO LONGER WANT HIS WORD (or, WHEN I SKIP A DATE WITH MY LOVE)

"To whom shall I speak and give warning that they may hear? Indeed their ear is uncircumcised and they cannot give heed. Behold, the word of the Lord is a reproach to them; they have no delight in it." ~Jeremiah 6:10

"But you profane it, in that you say, 'The table of the Lord is defiled; and its fruit, it's food, is contemptible.' You also say, 'Oh, what a weariness!' And you sneer at it,' says the Lord of hosts." ~Malachi 1:12-13a

These past several days, I have had no desire, attraction to reading God's Word. Thankfully, by God's grace and training, I've had just as many days (if not more) that I've enjoyed being "lost" and "caught up" in His Word, than I have had seeing it as boring.
So how am I supposed to live (and deal) with myself on the days (seasons) when I have "left my first love"; when the desire and grace to seek God seems gone? How should I respond?

ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR WEAKNESS/HIS STRENGTH

Well one of many solutions I would say is (I would suggest) to first start off by confessing to God your complete weakness (sin/foolishness) and insufficiency of self. We must let go of the prideful assumptions and standards that we hold of ourselves; assumptions that we are responsible to hold ourselves up apart from the grace and help of God. David acknowledged: "My heart and my flesh fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." (Psalm 73:26) There is no hope, growth or salvation to be had for the one who denies or seeks to cover up their weakness and struggles. (Proverbs 28:13) God actually invites us to seek Him, to "cast your burdens on Him" (Psalm 55:22, 1 Peter 5:7) for He is one who can sympathize with our weaknesses, who "was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin."  (Hebrews 4:15)

SEEK HIS HELP

We can "come boldly to the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4:16) The times when we seem to have lost our first love for Christ (He being the Word) we can ask of Him: "Deal bountifully with Your servant that I may live and keep Your Word. Open my eyes, that I may see wondrous things from Your law." (Psalm 119:17-18) "The law" or "God's law" is not to be mistakenly limited to the 10 Commandments but rather to what the Jews of Old Testament times referred to God's Word as. The Book of the Law. When the Psalmist asked God to open his eyes to His law, he was referring to His Word.

GIVE THANKS TO GOD

"In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." (1 Thessalonians 5:18) "Every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer." (1 Timothy 4:4-5) I think Brother Lawrence was right when he said: "Sanctification does nothing depend as much on changing our activities as it does on doing them for God rather than for ourselves." Everything that is good outside of God (eating, hiking, movie watching, sowing, reading, Internet surfing, cooking, traveling, music listening, etc.) can be enjoyed in its proper context when God is remembered, acknowledged, and revered above it all. (Romans 1:21, 1 Chronicles 29:12) The heart can truly be at peace with God when it enjoys the created things as being lower than the Creator Who is above all.

DON'T KID/DECEIVE YOURSELF

As you pray to the Lord to grant you the grace, guidance, understanding, strength, peace, joy, and desire you need to seek Him in His Word, be aware (beware) of your own flesh and that you're not praying with alterior motives in your heart. It is so easy to ask the Lord for grace to become better, ONLY so that in the end we can be better approved before men and before our own eyes rather than in seeing and seeking that God alone may be further glorified and known. Not only are we called to "holiness" but also to "humility". The Pharisees were very good at being holy in all outward appearances yet they lacked the humility to be dependent on God. Holiness without humility (if such is even possible) distances us away from our fellow man (from helping him) and even more importantly, it distances us from God, from Him helping us. God does not exercise His sole right to be proud. Of all those who exist in this life, God has the most right to be proud and yet He chooses to be humble. (Psalm 113:5-6, Philippians 2:5-8)
If we pray with anterior motives in our heart, we will only end up frustrated with the sharp rebuke from James: "You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures." (4:3) In short, as you ask the Lord to help you seek Him in His Word, ask it for the purpose that He alone may be glorified and that you may be further humbled. "Let all those who seek You rejoice and be glad in You; let such as love Your salvation say continually, 'The Lord be magnified!'" (Psalm 40:16) Our glory won't last and His alone can save. Therefore, humility becomes us. Don't worry. It is the best place to be. He has promised to lift you up and that such who have a humble heart will have His blessings and His grace. (James 4:6, Psalm 25:9 & 37:11)

"Glory in His holy name; Let the hearts of those rejoice who seek the Lord! Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face evermore!" ~Psalm 105:3-4