Familiar & Ready

I have been tempted by my own feelings this past month when it comes to studying the Word of God. My feeling is: "Why should I read this regularly?" "I don't know of a new place to read; I've read this all already." My feelings want to shrug shoulders and put off studying God's Word for a while since I feel like "I've read this already." I feel like I'm familiar with it already so why should I read it again? How can I glean anything new when its already old and familiar to me?

That is the arrogance of my flesh. God knows how much I am quick to forget the physical things and responsibilities of life; am I not capable/culpable of the spiritual things as well?

Here's the deal: Regardless of how we FEEL, we must focus on what is TRUE. I may FEEL like I'm already familiar with Scripture yet the TRUTH is that I need it daily. "Man does not live on bread alone but on every word that proceeds from the mouth of God." (Deuteronomy 8:3) Regular spiritual sustenance (like food) is not the only reason.  There's also the reason of "familiarity". What becomes familiar to us eventually becomes our instinct. If we push ourselves to become familiar with cleaning up after fellowship, soon, it will not be a battle or a question within ourselves to do service; we'll just do it. If we familiarize ourselves regularly with the Word of God, and then the Enemy, the World, or the Flesh seeks to surprise-attack us, it will not be a surprise because we can cast ourselves on the Rock whom we have become familiar and intimate with. It is like a master of martial arts who trains and spars regularly though he already knows & has practiced the moves before. It is the familiarity that sharpens him, that becomes his instinct. When we familiarize ourselves in God's Word, it's truth will become rooted and ingrained in us; it will become a part of us. Then when the Enemy, the World, or the Flesh throws a blow at us, it will not take much effort (because of God's grace and power familiar in us) to block their offense and then counterattack, or to defend a stumbling, weak member who has become the focus of our Enemies' attack.