The Father's Will for His Two Sons

May the Lord help those of us who are immature in His liberal church to remember Matthew 1:21, that Jesus' name means "He will save His people from their sins." Not that He would save His people from hell nor also that He would allow them to continue sinning without growth and desire in Him. "He will save His people FROM THEIR SINS." (See also Romans 2:4-10 & 6:1-11)

And may the Lord also help those of us who are immature in His conservative church to remember John 3:17, that "God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved." Not that He would save the righteous/His elect and let the wicked and lost be destroyed like Jonah once desired nor that we should think He will save the world without and apart from His Body/His Church/His Members moving and acting on His behalf. What right have we to perform a different goal/calling from that of Christ's, and make excuses of sanctifying ourselves and keeping God's spiritual doctors to ourselves (Matthew 9:10-13) rather than sending them and we also going to the sick who really need, not us but, His Word? "For God DID NOT SEND HIS SON INTO THE WORLD TO CONDEMN THE WORLD but that the world through Him might be saved." (See also 2 Corinthians 5:18-21)