FROM ENEMY, TO INADEQUATE SPOUSE, TO PERFECT UNION

God has seen better and more qualified people than me, yet He has chosen to still be faithful to me. He has never left me nor forsaken me despite much of what I lack.

I am such a mess and yet somehow He still loves me. I know this not because of or based on a "good feeling in my heart or soul." But He Himself said: "I demonstrated My own love toward us, in that while you were still sinners, I died for you. (Romans 5:8) For if when I was an enemy, I was reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, I shall be saved by His life. (Romans 5:10)

I was His Enemy before I became His Bride...and yet, He still loved me, did good when I hated Him, blessed when I cursed Him, and prayed interceding for me when I spitefully used Him. (Luke 6:27) He caused His sun to rise on this evil self, and sent His rain upon this unjust one. Christ, while I was yet His Enemy, did good, lent, and hoped for nothing in return; being kind to this unthankful and evil self. (Luke 6:32-36)

I am inadequate for Him yet amazingly it remains the perfect relationship...not because of what I bring but because of what He brings into it, teaching and transforming me to become One with Him; in heart, soul, strength, and mind. He remains forever faithful to this inadequate spouse.