THE GLUTTON & THE SWAMP

"All the days of the afflicted are evil, But he who is of a merry heart has a continual feast."
~Proverbs 15:15

"On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "...He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water."
~John 7:37-38

~

Water that is stored and never has an outlet, eventually grows stagnant, tastes brackish, and filthy.*

A feast is not created for one person to enjoy.

When God gives & multiplies spiritual bread and water for me, I want to hoard it for myself.

But God wants me to imitate Jesus by being broken and poured out. Of the many blessings that come from that, one of them is so that I may be constantly revived, renewed, and set afresh.

No one, whether believer or unbeliever, will not enjoy or benefit from the ministry and gifts that God has entrusted to me, if I am hoarding His blessings for myself.

Like manna, if the ministry isn't used, will eventually grow maggots.

I don't want to be a glutton over maggot-infested feast. I don't want people to come to maggot-infested feast.

So God, break me and pour me out so that I may stay afresh and be a true instrument of blessing in Your hand. It is unpleasant to my Flesh, yet I ask You still and I also ask that You would give me the peace and joy in the breaking and pouring.

~

"And Jesus took the loaves, and when He had given thanks He distributed them to the disciples, and the disciples to those sitting down; and likewise of the fish, as much as they wanted."
~John 6:11

"Look unto My Son Jesus, the author and finisher of your faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame..."
~Hebrews 12:2

[*Note the Dead Sea for reference]