TRIALS; Has the arm of the Lord been shortened?

Trials, o my soul, are not only meant to TEST you, but also to TEACH you. They not only come to expose your WEAKNESSES but also to STRENGTHEN you. They not only ask if both your FAITH and JOY are 'fair-weather' resolve, but also to call them to have resolve in ALL SEASONS of both plenty & want, of both fruitfulness and famine.

"The upright shall not be ashamed in the evil time; and in the days of famine, they shall be satisfied." ~Psalm 37:19

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and whose hope is the Lord. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, which spreads out its roots by the waters; and will not fear when heat comes; but its leaf will be green, and will not be anxious in the year of drought; nor will cease from yielding fruit." ~Jeremiah 17:7-8 (see also Isaiah 26:3-4)

Instead of "rejoicing always" [1 Thessalonians 5:16] are you ONLY going to be joyful in the Lord when: You can see the path ahead, when there are no difficulties or obstacles too great for you to overcome, and when you know (or think you know) you can provide for yourself rather than the Lord (Who has made you His child and subject) to provide for you?
With the eyes that His Spirit gives, you can taste and see that the Lord is indeed good (Psalm 34:8) for giving you these trials; these times of want and need. The reason you must and CAN fulfill this commandment to rejoice without measure or partiality to any season, particularly the season of trial, is because there is a Great Lesson to remind and encourage you:

We are insufficient yet God is sufficient (see Psalm 73:26)
There are no trials and need that is greater than our Creator-Savior (see Isaiah 40:25-29 & Numbers 11:16-23)
The seasons of blessings may be inconsistent yet God is always faithful and consistent (see Hebrews 11:17-19 & Psalm 78)

O my soul, you cannot keep fears from flying over you, but you can keep them from making a nest in your hair. FEARS will come and oppose you, but do not be dismayed nor dwell on their words, BUT RATHER meditate on the testimonies of God's FAITHFULNESS towards you. Your heart may fail (Psalm 73:26) but "God is greater than your heart and knows all things." (1 John 3:20)

"God is not a man that He should lie, nor a son of man that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken and will He not make it good?" ~Numbers 23:19