Heaven is for Real

I sat across a godly man once who expressed that there was no better use for books that write of people's near-death experiences with hell and heaven than to use them as kindling.
Now I understand where he was coming from in the fact that there are plenty of people who take experience as superseding what God says in His Word and there are probably a lot of 'testimonies' that are fabricated (ang plastique) and contradict one another. That is the pluralistic culture we face.
That being said, I would not go so far as to discount experience entirely. To do so, would be in agreement with some of the bizarre New-Age beliefs that tie back into Buddhism: Being that life and feelings are an illusion, not reality.
I'm sure that back when this godly man's wife was pregnant, he didn't toss or disregard her emotional experience with bearing children "just because such experience is not found in Scripture." Experiences should never be considered above Scripture...yet that doesn't mean that they can't be compared in light of it.*

---

*There are many details we won't find mentioned in the Word of God. Scripture never mentions Elijah ever sinned, that Noah ever ate, or that Jesus ever had to use bathroom facilities. Just because we won't find these specifically mentioned doesn't mean we can't come to the natural conclusion that the details of hell and heaven are for real.