CALLED TO LOVE OTHERS (JUST AS I NEED LOVE)

I'm remembering what Jesus said (that has been popularly termed as "the golden rule") :

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you; for this is the Law & the Prophets [this is Scripture/the Word of God available at that time]" ~Matthew 7:12

What one wants others to do to them, will vary differently between every individual. For one person, he or she may want physical touch/embrace as a response to their need for love; if so, then such a person must be ready to do unto others in this way, if such others so desire a response of physical touch.

For me, I know that the thing I want others to do for me is to immediately & openly pray for me when I am struggling and suffering. So if I want others to do this to me, Christ (the embodiment of God's Word expressed in the Scriptures through the Law & the Prophets) calls me to also take this ministry to others who need and desire it.

Yet today and in past times, I overthink to the point that I make excuses. If I see a person hurting or in need, I tell myself that maybe they'd be too embarrassed for me to publicly pray for them; perhaps they're in a rush, or perhaps even worse, they don't believe in the power of interceding prayer. Whatever the excuses (fears) may be, I cannot allow that to rule me when I am to be ruled what God has called me to do: To do unto others as I would have them do unto me.
It doesn't matter if, worst case scenario, they reject the ministry God has armed me to offer them. I can always pray for them in my mind. The important thing is that I am to be available, humble, dependent on God in listening and leading, and obedient to Him.