STAND UP FOR WHAT YOUR CREATOR-FATHER SAYS

It is a good and admirable to have an attitude of "standing up for what you believe in." It is far more popular to believe anything out of either laziness or fear rather than with critical study and wariness.

"The simple believes every word, But the prudent considers well his steps."  ~Proverbs 14:15

Yet those of us who have this attitude, must be aware of the foundation we are choosing to make a stand on. No one would applaud a crew that would rather function on a leaky ship than transfer onto a sound one. No one would look the other way if a family chose to live under a building about to collapse.
Are we standing on the unchanging, timeless, immovable Rock that is Christ, or are we standing on the shifting sands of our Flesh and of the world?

This attitude is not the ultimate virtue in life. If it were, we would be compelled to admire and applaud even the child molesters, serial killers, murderers and the like; for in court, they too have stood up for what they believed in. (Search: The Trial of Adolf Eichmann)
It is not enough to believe and to stand for anything, but to believe and stand for the right things; the things God has made clear are right in His eyes, not our's.

"Therefore let him who thinks he stands, take heed, lest he fall." ~1 Corinthians 10:12