1

Jennie

"Ms. Kim, I absolutely loved you in your last film." a director gushed.

I blushed at the compliment, "Thank you so much, but please, call me Jennie."

I watched his face contort into an elevated expression at my comment. "Is there any particular reason why you chose that role, Jennie?"

Before I could answer, I felt delicate fingers around my elbow, and my manager, Alison's voice in my ear a couple of seconds later, "Jennie, he's here."

I couldn't contain the smile on my face as I gave her a small nod and turned my attention back to the man in front of me. "To answer your question, it was a role that I've never played before. It intrigued me and it really helped me get into the mindset of a person battling a drug addiction."

He smiled warmly, "I have a feeling Hollywood hasn't seen what you can really do and I can't wait for your next movie." He extended his hand for a handshake, which I took gratefully.

Alison pulled at my elbow lightly, signalling me to wrap up the conversation, "Thank you, but if you'll excuse me I have something I need to take care of." He nodded and turned his attention to the other guests.

I followed Alison through the crowd of celebrities and politicians. She checked the watch on her wrist and turned back to me, "He landed about 15 minutes ago, but I can only stretch out the time you guys have to half an hour."

My face turned into a pout, "Half an hour?" I repeated

She gave me an apologetic smile, "Sorry Jennie. If I knew that he was going to be late, I wouldn't have scheduled an interview at 8am for tomorrow."

I nodded slowly, wondering how much I can cram into half an hour. Alison nudged me softly in the ribs as I saw him. My legs turned to jelly and my heart rate picked up. He looked so handsome with his hair gelled and his tuxedo.

"I'll come back for you in half an hour, and then we'll go home ok?" Alison asked. She didn't wait for an answer as she left, looking for other directors that might be interested in casting me.

I watched him take two flutes of champagne from a passing waiter as he met my eyes with a smile.

Taehyung Kim. A successful businessman, son of politician George Kim, a Yale graduate, and my secret lover.