98

Lisa

I was clearing the table while Jennie started on the dishes. "Did you really need all of these different cooking utensils?" she asked as she picked up three different stirring spoons. I smiled sheepishly, "I dropped two of them by accident." She gave me a weird look and I put my hands on my hip, "Did you want me to still use them after they fell on the floor?"

She laughed, "Fair point." She rolled up her sleeves and started rinsing the dishes while I looked down at my phone to play some music. I finally picked Dua Lipa's 'Don't Start Now' and turned the volume all the way up on the speakers, the bass bouncing off the walls and the floor as I danced around the table.

"I love this song!" I yelled over the loud music and continued dancing. I shook my hips to the beat, lifting my hands above my head while Jennie bobbed her head to the song. I danced closer to Jennie and grabbed her hands making her drop a soapy dish, "Lisa!" she laughed, "I'm washing dishes."

I ignored her and continued waving her limp hands around, making her dance. She eventually gave up resisting and ended up joining in. So, now there we were two grown adults, dancing and singing in the kitchen like idiots.

And we are having the best time ever.

The song faded and 'Lover' by Taylor Swift started playing as I scooped her up in my arms. She wrapped her arms around my neck while I intertwined my fingers around her waist. She felt so soft and delicate in my arms that it made me pull her closer. We swayed back and forth and I was so nervous that I'm pretty sure she could feel my heart beating in my chest.

I heard her breath hitch when I leaned in close and started singing the lyrics in a soft whisper in her ear.

And there's a dazzling haze, a mysterious way about you, dear
Have I known you twenty seconds or twenty years?
Can I go where you go?

Can we always be this close forever and ever?

And ah, take me out, and take me home you're my, my, my, my lover

I could feel my body relax against Jennie's as I closed my eyes, with our bodies still swaying to the song. I couldn't remember ever feeling this contented before and it made me feel both scared and excited. I looked down at Jennie's face who had her face nestled in my neck with her eyes closed and a small smile on her lips. I really wanted to tilt her head to kiss her but stopped myself when I recognized these feelings.

I had these same feelings when I started dating Jungkook, but this was stronger and it felt like I was falling faster than what I was ready for.

Shit.