93

Jennie

The elevator doors opened and Lia sat on the couch with headphones on. Before I could say anything, she put a finger to her lips. I frowned and it was only then that I heard muffled music coming from the room. The music stopped and Lia took off her headphones, "Lisa's recording and she gets sensitive."

I put my purse down on the table, "Recording for what?"

Lia was back to typing on her phone, "Tuesday tunes. It's a thing she does on Instagram." We heard a guitar being strummed angrily, "It sounds like it's going well..." she mumbled sarcastically.

The door opened and Lisa stepped out looking defeated, "Everything sounds like doo-doo." she whined and sprawled on the couch. I laughed and walked around to massage her shoulders, "It sounded great when I walked in." I tried encouraging her.

"No, every song that I tried recording sounded bad." she complained.

"God, you're such a baby." Lia rolled her eyes.

I giggled and wrapped my arms around Lisa's shoulders, "Yeah." I agreed, "But she's my baby."

"Hey, what if Jennie was in the video too?" Lia suggested.

"Lia, that's ridicu..."

"Sure, why not?" I interrupted. I watched all of Lisa's singing videos on her Instagram and was a fan of them myself. "You'll be in the video too, right Lia?" I turned to her.

"Yeah, I think it would be fun, you can both play instruments." Lisa smiled as she got up from the couch. Lia stood up as well, "Fine, but I don't want a lot of parts." she grumbled.

I followed Lisa to the room that she came out of, secretly hoping that Lisa didn't give me an instrument that I've never seen before.

"Alright." Lisa started, "I was thinking of covering 'Lie to Me' by 5 Seconds of Summer." She picked up her guitar.

"No." Lia said. She sat down on the bed, "You can't have the first post you have with your girlfriend and sing a song about wishing that you had never met her." She looked over at me, "She is so clueless sometimes."

I laughed while Lisa nodded her head and agreed. She scrolled through her playlist and tried to figure out what song to choose. "What do you guys think about 'Better Together' by Jack Johnson?" Lisa looked up for confirmation from both of us.

I shrugged, I didn't know the song so it didn't really matter to me, but Lia's face lit up and she nodded fast. "I call percussion." she stated and rolled onto the bed staring at her phone again. Lisa turned in her chair, "I guess that leaves you on the piano." She patted the space next to her in front of the keyboard. She played a series of chords in an arpeggio style, "So, this is what you'll be playing in between the chorus and the verses."

I stared blankly at the keyboard and tried to stand up, "Lia, trade instruments with me."

Lisa laughed and pulled me back down, "It's really easy, I promise." She walked around so she was hovering over me and put my right hand on the keyboard. "Ready?"