21

Lisa

"This will work, Lisa. Stop worrying." he assured me.

"Why are you so confident about this?"

He flashed me one of his charming smiles, "Because my band will be the house band. Other local bands are more than welcome to play, but we will be the house band."

I gave him a hug knowing that this was something him and his band were trying to book for months. "I'm so happy for you."

Mina cleared her throat, "Then you're happy for me too, right?"

I raised an eyebrow at her but turned to Bambam, "What is she talking about?"

Bambam walked towards her and put his arm around her waist, "Mina's going to be our lead singer." Mina turned to me with a smug look on her face that I really wanted to slap off her face. Great, not only will I have to be around her while I work, but her annoying voice will be projecting from the speakers throughout the bar now.

What made me even angrier was that she probably couldn't even sing, she probably just joined the band to keep an eye on Bambam. She seems to think that we have or had something going on, which we obviously don't. She's just super paranoid.

"Well, lucky me I guess." I commented as I poured myself another shot of tequila. My phone buzzed on the bar next to my hand, it was a notification on Instagram, saying I had a new follower. My hand drifted to it but froze when I saw the name on my screen.

@jennierubyjane has followed you.

Excuse me? What is this? My phone buzzed again, this time it was a text message from Alison.

Alison: Hey Lisa, you might've forgotten about our talk about social media, but I think you and Jennie need a presence online as a couple.

Lisa: Hi Alison, I'm sorry, it totally slipped my mind but I literally just got Jennie's follow notification.

Alison: No worries! LOL I keep forgetting that you're not managed by anyone. Would you like me to manage you? Unpaid of course, because you're doing Jennie a huge favour.

Lisa: Really? I'd love that, thank you.

Alison: Of course, I'll be in touch soon :)

I clicked on the Instagram icon and remembered that Jennie followed me. I clicked on my own profile curious about what Jennie would see when she clicked on my profile. And I guess to make sure that I didn't have anything embarrassing up.

As I scrolled through my profile, my eyes widened when I saw a picture of Bambam and I making funny faces at the camera years ago. But this wasn't the adorable funny face that most girls make in front of a camera, no, Bambam and I committed to this picture. I smiled at the photo but remembered how ridiculous the picture was and deleted it, it was bad enough that I was getting sucked into the whole celebrity thing, I didn't need to bring anyone else down.

Bambam looked over my shoulder, "Why'd you delete that picture? It was cute, wasn't it?"

Mina glared at me but I rolled my eyes at her, "Yeah, I know, but I wanted to make sure that your privacy doesn't disappear like mine."

Bambam looked unsure of my response but decided not to argue. I nodded to Joe, "Joe's here for protection, just in case things get a little rowdy."

"Isn't that a little much? Not like anyone's going to recognize you or want anything from you. You're not worth anything, Jennie is the one who is worth anything." Mina scoffed.

I narrowed my eyes at her and whispered to Joe, "Can you throat punch her real quick? I promise I won't tell Jennie or Alison." I saw him bite back a smile as he shook his head sternly at me. I shrugged, "It was worth a shot."

I cleared my throat, "Well, luckily for me, Jennie seems to think otherwise."

"I'd love to see her IQ score because it's got to be so low, since she settled for you." Mina sneered.

"And I'd love to shove my foot up..."

"Ok!!" Bambam interrupted. "I'm going to count the inventory, make sure that we have enough for tonight's crowd." he told me. "And you..." he turned to Mina, "... if you're not going to help me, go home. I can't referee your fights with Lisa from the fridge."

Mina made a face as she kissed Bambam and waved her fingers in the air as she left the bar.

I poured myself another drink as I heard the door slam, "How you didn't turn out to be an alcoholic when you started dating her is beyond me."

Bambam watched me take the shot as he leaned on the bar with an amused smile, "She's not so bad and she's hot." I shook my head, "She's not hot enough to be that unlikeable."

Bambam nudged me, "Well, not all of us can date Jennie Kim."

The mention of my relationship with Jennie had me tipping another shot back, "Slow down on those, Lisa. You're going to wake up with a horrible hangover in the morning." Bambam advised before he disappeared.

I looked over at Joe who shook his head, "Are you regretting signing the contract yet?"

We both looked down at my phone, where my screen was going crazy with Instagram notifications. I looked up at him, "Is it too late to back out?" He laughed as he watched me pour another shot.