133

Jennie

As soon as the elevator doors opened, I kicked off my shoes and plopped onto the couch, glad that I was off of my feet. Nothing went right on set today, I would forget my lines or not hit my mark, Irene misplaced her script, and then one of the backlights came crashing down to the floor, halting filming for a while and it just made the day longer than it needed to be.

I closed my eyes wondering how long I could take a nap before Lisa came home from her interview. Suddenly, I heard my phone ringing in my bag. I groaned and rolled over, trying to fish for the device. I picked up the call, "Hello?" I asked slightly irritated.

"H... hi Ms. Kim, this is Patrick from the concierge desk."

I thought of the nervous-looking kid with Arthit whom I had passed by on my way up. "Yes, Patrick, what can I do for you?"

He cleared his throat, "There's a woman named Mina Myoi here to see you."

"Mina Myoi?" I repeated, "I don't think I know an Mina Myoi."

I heard Patrick relay the answer to her as I turned on the television to see the security camera of the concierge desk. There was a short blonde girl standing in front of the desk, tapping her foot. I narrowed my eyes at the screen, she suddenly looked up at the camera and gave it flirty wave and a smug smile. I saw her say something to Patrick, complete with multiple finger-pointing.

"Ms. Kim." Patrick's voice came from the phone again. "The woman here says that she is friends with Ms. Manoban."

Oh, Lisa's friend? Why didn't she just say so in the first place?

"Yeah, that's ok, Patrick, you can let her up thank you." I said into the phone then hung up. I watched their interaction and then turned the television off when she disappeared from the screen. I got up from the sofa grudgingly, not in the mood to entertain anyone, and went to the kitchen to prepare something to drink for the unexpected guest.