173

Lisa

"Joe." I greeted when I opened the door.

He smiled, "I was in the neighbourhood and thought that I'd stop by."

I raised an eyebrow at him but opened the door wider so that he could come in, "Let's just pretend that I believe you."

He took a seat on the couch while I grabbed him a beer from the fridge.

"I really was just in the neighbourhood, Lisa." he chuckled.

I handed him the bottle with an unimpressed look on my face.

"Alright, fine." he took a swig from the bottle, "I'm hiding from my wife. She's been hovering over me ever since I quit my job."

I laughed, "How did I know that was the reason? But you're more than welcome to stay however long you like here, I don't have anywhere to go today." I clinked his bottle with mine and we drank in silence until he put his drink on the table and rested his elbow on his knees, "There's another reason why I stopped by."

I took another sip from my bottle, "Is it because you missed me so much?"

He smiled but it didn't quite look right, "It's about you, Jennie, and Taehyung."

Before he could continue, there was another knock on the door. "Hold that thought, Joe." I said while standing up. Normally the only visitor I got during the day was the food delivery guy, so this was a pleasant surprise. I opened the door and immediately took back that thought.

Jennie stood in my doorway and my breath got caught in my throat. Damn it. I looked at Jennie but she stayed quiet refusing to look at me. I rolled my eyes, "Whatever you're selling, I'm not interested." I went to close the door but a hand held it open, "Excuse me? Is that any way to greet your guests?" Alison spoke. She forced the door open and walked past me but Jennie still stood in the hallway. Against my better judgement, I moved to the side to let her in.

She followed Alison into my apartment and it took everything in me not to press her up against the wall and kiss her, to make her feel how much I've missed her and what she was missing by not being with me.

"Is there a reason why you're all here?" I asked the guests who were all standing in my living room. Joe gulped his beer, "I already told you why I'm here."

"Actually, you didn't." I raised an eyebrow, "You were about to, until we were rudely interrupted."

"Wow, that's rude. You didn't need to be so passive-aggressive about it." Alison retorted as she checked her nails. I ignored her comment and looked at Jennie who still looked anxious. "Can we talk?" she asked in a quiet voice.

I folded my arms, "There's nothing left to talk about. I think you've talked enough for the both of us and made your feelings very clear."

She walked towards me, "No, I was wrong." she went to hold my hands but I brushed her off, "The very second when I saw you get into the elevator, I knew that I had made a mistake. A very big mistake."

I bit the inside of my cheek, "So, you claim that you knew you made a big mistake when I left but you did nothing to resolve it?"

"Even if I wanted to, I couldn't." she held my hands when I tried to let go she tightened her grip on them, "You have to believe me, Lisa."

I frowned and stepped away, ripping my hands away from her, "We have nothing to do with each other anymore, remember? Go back to your perfect boyfriend who treats you like shit. You choose him, so don't come crying now claiming that you've made a big mistake. It does not work this way."