87

Lisa

I dried my hands on the dishcloth after washing dishes. I rolled my neck and closed my eyes, looking forward to a good night's rest. I opened the door to my room and Lia was sprawled on the bed, with a handful of popcorn midway to her mouth.

"Can I help you?" she asked, with her hand frozen in the air.

I raised an eyebrow at her with my hand still on the doorknob, "Uhh..."

Jennie came up from behind me and put a hand around my waist, "Let's go to bed, babe?"

"Huh?" I turned around confused then saw the pointed look on her face. "Uh yeah." I cleared my throat, "I was just saying good night to Lia."

"Well... good night." I waved awkwardly at my sister. I cringed as she gave me a weird look and let Jennie lead me to her bedroom. She closed the door behind her and I peeked a glance around her room and noticed how bare it was. Except for a king-sized bed, a nightstand, and a closet, she didn't have much in her room.

Jennie walked past me, "I hope you don't mind that I took all your stuff from the guest room."

It was only then that I realized all my clothes and belongings were in neat piles around the room.

"I didn't want Lia to think that we slept in separate beds, it would be hard to come up with an excuse for that." she laughed.

I rubbed my face with my hands, "I'm sorry that she just dropped in like this. When I extended that invitation to her, I thought that she'd at least give me a heads up."

Jennie waves a hand dismissively, "Nonsense. I like having her around. It's like having a less moody version of you around."

I quirked about eyebrow at her, "Are you playing favourites now?"

"Jealous?" She smirked, "Don't be, you'll always be my favourite."

We laughed as I stood awkwardly still by the door. It was strange, I've slept in a sleeping bag and my childhood bed with her, but something about being in her personal space made me feel awkward. She sat on the bed and patted the spot next to her, "Come sit, I don't bite."

I pursed my lips and walked to the bed, "No, but you do snore."

She swatted my arm when I sat down, "I do not!"

"True, but you thought you did for a second didn't you?" I laughed. I could feel all the tension inside go away as we continued talking and laughing.