163

Jennie

"Jennie!"

I turned around and saw Irene running to catch up to me. I had just gotten off work and this day felt like it dragged on. "Hey." I answered in a tired voice.

"Why didn't you tell me that you and Lisa broke up?" She asked.

We walked to our cars, "Honestly, I'm still processing it." I looked down.

She stopped me from walking, "If you need to talk or anything at all, I'm here."

Whether or not Irene meant that made me tear up and before I knew it, my tears were falling and she was hugging me tightly. "Thanks, Irene." I wiped the tears from my eyes, "I'll definitely take you up on that offer some time, but right now, I just really need my bed, a bottle of cheap wine, and a lot of ice cream."

Irene gave my shoulder a small squeeze, "You have my number, so text me if you need another bottle of wine of something." she smirked, "I happen to be a connoisseur of cheap wine."

I let out a laugh, "Then you can expect a text from me very soon." I gave her one last hug, "Thanks for everything."

She gave me a nod and I started walking back towards my car again. My phone vibrated in my hand and I unlocked my phone, naively hoping that it might be Lisa but my hopes were crushed when I realized that it was just Taehyung.

Taehyung: Hi honey, I was hoping that we could go out for dinner tonight?

Me: Can I take a rain check? I'm exhausted.

Taehyung: I haven't seen you in so long and I miss you so much.

"You had time to miss me when you were running around with another woman?" I grumbled to myself.

Me: Another time, Taehyung. I had the longest day today.

Taehyung: Please?

I let out a frustrated sigh, it wasn't common for Taehyung to be clingy and desperate to meet up. If anything, it was always the other way around. But all I wanted to do was brood in my room for the rest of the night, kicking myself for actually going through with the breakup.

Me: Yeah, sure I'll make reservations for tonight.

I sighed, looks like my night wasn't over yet.