49

Jennie

"Alright cut!" Hyun-suk yelled, "Let's stop here for lunch everyone!"

I let out a breath of relief and headed to my dressing room. I was more tired than usual and in desperate need of a coffee. I was on my way to my personal dressing room when I noticed a familiar blonde hair figure talking to the Hyun-suk.

I started smiling when I realized that it was Lisa and started walking towards them.

"Hey." I put my arm around Lisa, "What are you doing here?"

She smiled and leaned into me, purely for show of course, "I was just apologizing to Hyun-suk for monopolizing your time for the last two weeks."

Hyun-suk laughed as he looked on, "And I told her that her apology was not necessary." he turned to me, "I'm just glad that she was there to help and giving you two weeks off was the least that I could do." He gave me a reassuring smile, "I'm saying this as a friend and not as your director by the way."

"Thanks, Hyun-suk." I smiled, "Can I steal this one for a minute?" I gestured to Lisa.

Hyun-suk nodded his head, "Of course." he lifted his coffee cup, "Thanks again for the coffee, Lisa."

She smiled proudly as we watched him walk away, I quirked my head at her, "You got him coffee? Where's mine?"

She nodded her head past me, "I got you an entire coffee truck, woman."

I turned around and sure enough, there was not just a regular coffee truck, but the only kind of coffee I drink. It was famous in the city for only using the best roast, how Lisa got them to not only leave where they usually park but also at peak hours was beyond me.

"Why... no wait, how?" I started. She thrust an iced coffee in my hand before I could finish my sentence.

"Half and half with a shot of espresso, right?" she smirked.

"Omg!" I grabbed the cup so fast, "You are the best girlfriend ever!" She watched me take a sip and I closed my eyes in ecstasy. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Lisa smiling at me. I couldn't believe that she remembered how I liked my coffee, I'm not even sure Taehyung knew my coffee preferences.

"Can I quote you on that for my next fake relationship?" She laughed.

I swallowed the coffee in my mouth, "Can't wait to dump me, huh? One incident with a crazed stalker and you're already running out the door." I joked.

"No, but I did remember you saying that today was going to be a long day for you so I thought you could use something to get you through it." she looked down at her feet, "And I guess it was a way for me to apologize."

I frowned, "Apologize for what, Lisa?"

She cleared her throat, "It's funny, we've talked a lot these last couple of weeks but I've never got the chance to say sorry; for saying those things about your relationship. It wasn't my place to say anything and I want you to know that I will keep my comments to myself. Unsolicited advice is the worst kind of advice."

I shook my head, "Don't worry about it, Lisa."

She frowned, "No, just listen, Jennie." she pulled me into my dressing room, "I should've never said anything. It was in the contract." I looked around hoping that there was no one around that could possibly hear. "What was in the contract?" I asked.

She sighed, "That whatever was going on between you and Taehyung is between you and Taehyung. I'm just here for appearances."

"Lisa." I whispered hoping that she could hear the warning in my voice. If we were talking about this at home, I would've been all ears, but we weren't. We were at my workplace, a place where if people heard something that they think could make them money selling it to the tabloids, they wouldn't think twice to even do it. But she wasn't listening to me, she was so focused on apologizing that I don't think she heard me at all.

"And what you and I have is supposed to be strictly business." she tilted her head in an adorable way, "But I thought that maybe we could at least be friends and I promise that I was only talking to you as a friend when I said those things."

"I understand, Lisa and please don't worry about it anymore." I replied anxiously. The longer we had this conversation, the more uneasy I felt.

Lisa let out a sigh of relief with a smile, "Cool, I'm glad I got that over with." We started walking back to set where almost everyone was queuing up for coffee.

"Have you seen my copy of the contract, by any chance?" Lisa asked as she spoke up, "I think I hid it in one of my notebooks when that stalker broke into your house. Looks like I hid it too well." she chuckled.

I shook my head, "No I haven't. But I'm sure it'll turn up."

Lisa stopped in front of me with a worried expression, "What if those people who came to question us somehow got a hold of it?"

I put my hands up to try and calm her down again, "Calm down, Lisa. I'm almost 100% sure they didn't find it. It's probably tucked somewhere on your desk."

"But what if it isn't?" She replied. Behind her, I saw Irene walking towards us looking down at her phone.

"Lisa..."

"Damn it. I screwed up again, didn't I?" She interrupted, with her voice getting louder by the second. "We have to find that contract, Jennie." I saw Irene finally look up in my peripheral vision and panicked.

"Our careers and integrity are on the li..."

Before I could second guess myself, I took Lisa's face in my hand and kissed her.