94

Jennie

After about an hour, I finally had my part down. I puffed my chest with pride.

"That wasn't so bad, was it?" Lisa giggled.

And it honestly wasn't. For the entire hour, Lisa had her hands on top of mine trying to teach me the chords. What she doesn't know is that I took lessons for a couple of years as a kid and although it took me half an hour to remember the basics, it all came back to me.

So for half an hour, I pretended that I had no idea what I was doing because I felt awkward bringing it up, but mostly because I felt little butterflies in my stomach whenever our fingers touched.

I laughed, "You're a really scary teacher." I joked.

"You have no idea." she nudged my shoulder with hers, "I have a soft spot for you, so I went a little easier on you." She leaned backward and yelled at the open door, "Lia, get your butt in here, we're ready."

Lia strolled in, "It's about time, it was way too awkward being in here while you guys were doing the musical version of 'Ghost'."

I blushed while Lisa cleared her throat, "I just wanted to make sure Jennie was comfortable playing."

Lia shrugged, "You don't have to give me excuses." she down on the bed, "But if you wanted some alone time you could've just told me." She gagged, "Eww... I just got a mental image of something that I don't ever want to see!"

Lisa picked up her guitar, "You need Jesus, child." She strummed a series of chords, "Let's do a practice run, shall we?"