11

Lisa

Do you know what's worse than moving? Nothing. Because moving day is simply the worst of them all. I don't understand how people love doing this.

I spent the last two days folding clothes, packing up all my stuff into boxes, and talking to the building's superintendent about breaking my lease. He wasn't very happy about that.

I looked at the multiple boxes that littered my floor and put my hands on my hips. I shook my head as I sighed, I couldn't believe that I packed everything up, only to unpack all of it once I got to Jennie Kim's house, which by the way I still can't believe is happening.

I thought back to when I signed that contract, with an uncomfortable feeling in my stomach but I just thought it was that breakfast burrito I had this morning. There was a knock at my door that interrupted my thoughts about my questionable bowel movements.

I opened the door to Alison and Mr. Arnold look-alike - whose name I learned is Joseph - walked in smiling, "What can we do to help?" Alison asked.

"Oh you don't need to help." I gestured to my now empty apartment and a few boxes, "As you can see, I don't have a lot of things to move."

Joseph picked up a box, "Perfect, that means we won't have to do too many trips." he smiled at me.

I nodded as Alison and I picked up some boxes, "Is it weird that even though I pretty much packed my life into these boxes, I still can't believe this is real?"

We walked down the hallway and waited for the elevator. Alison laughed, "It's definitely not just you being all freaked out. Jennie was freaking out about this over the last couple of days too."

"Do you think this is a bad idea? This whole contract relationship thing I mean." we stepped onto the elevator and travelled down to the ground floor.

Alison waited for me to exit, "I can't say that it's a normal thing, but that's why you and Jennie have Joseph and I. It's our job to make sure that it goes on smoothly for the next few months."

She must have seen the apprehensive look on my face because she grinned at me, "And don't worry, we're really good at our jobs." She dropped the box into the back of the SUV and walked back into the apartment.

"I hope so..." I mumbled to myself as I watched her leave.