40

Jennie

The muscles in my body tensed and alarm bells immediately rang in my head as I watched the man from the front desk emerge from the elevator.

"I'm sorry, but I didn't ring the desk."

He just kept walking with his head down until he took off the hat on his head and that's when my blood ran cold. I tried to still my hands to no avail as they shook by my sides. My eyes immediately went to the name tag pinned to his chest and my eyes widened when I saw Arthit's name printed neatly on the gold pin.

Standing in front of me was Kwon Jiyong. The man that has aggressively stalked me for the last three years up until last year, when he broke into my previous apartment in an attempt to see me. Thank goodness I wasn't at home at the time, but it did shake me up a lot and created quite a buzz with the media.

He was taken into custody and I filed a restraining order against him.

I cleared my throat, "You can't be here." I said in a stern voice. He didn't say anything, he just had a blank look on his face until he the corners of his lips turned upward into a sickening smile.

"I've missed you, Jennie."

I swallowed the lump in my throat, "Stop... stay away." I stuttered as he started walking closer to me. I take several steps back, while trying to figure out if I tossed my phone on the couch or if I left it in my purse.

"Why did you deceive me like this, Jennie? I leave for a short while and I find out that you're in a relationship? And with a woman!?"

I clench my jaw, "You need to leave now."

A look of anger crossed his face, "Then you leave me no choice!" he threatened as he pulled out a knife from his pocket.

I stared in horror as he walked towards me, the thunder and lightning illuminated parts of his face making his movements even more menacing.