114

Jennie

I put on the little black dress and looked in the mirror satisfied with my reflection. This was my first date in I don't know how long, but that's not what made me nervous. Being around Lisa made me feel like I was back in high school, struggling to find the words to say to my crush. She made me feel nervous, excited, but she mostly made me feel alive. It has been a while since I felt like this. That I was living my life, just not for work.

I reapplied my red lipstick, checking my makeup one last time in the mirror before I left. My phone vibrated in my hand and I glared at the name that came up on my screen. Despite my better judgment, I picked up the call.

"Hi, honey..."

I didn't reply and Taehyung took my silence to continue.

"It's been a while... I was wondering if you got the flowers that I sent you today."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing, "I did. I just thought you might've sent it to me by mistake instead of sending it to Yoo-jung." I replied coldly.

I could picture Taehyung pacing around his office, with frustration on his face. It was what he always did when I brought up anything about him being in rumoured relationships. "Jennie, you know that this is just to solidify my image for when the elections come up."

"You don't have to explain anything to me, Taehyung, we're on a break remember? What goes on in your life is none of my business and vice versa."

"You're right, Jennie. I just want you to know, that you're it for me. There's no one I want more than you."

My heart hurt hearing him say these words, I knew that he loved me but how many times had he said those words to me, yet he never ever showed it.

"Bye, Taehyung." I hung up the phone feeling a little shaken.

The conversation with Alison replayed in my head about who I would choose at the end of the month. But after that phone call with Taehyung, the answer was so clear and I didn't want to waste another minute thinking about Taehyung because I had a gorgeous woman, waiting outside for me.