179

Jennie

"This is going to be a disaster." Alison put a hand on her forehead as she turned to Joseph, "And you're sure that Janice overheard they were planning on releasing it to the media?"

He nodded, "She said Mina is going to tip off a couple of gossip columns and Taehyung is going to pay some reporters to write false stories about you two, so expect the headlines this weekend."

"What a dick." Lisa mumbled.

"I know that this is gonna suck, it is definitely going to put a dent on my image and possibly affect my career." I took Lisa's hand and kissed it, "But I'm positive that Lisa is worth it."

Joseph smiled at us while Lisa blushed.

"Urgh, that was so gross!" Alison joked, "But I much prefer you gushing over Lisa than over that douchebag."

Lisa laughed, "Me too."

Alison pulled her phone out, "So, how do you want to do this? Do you want me to schedule an interview on a show or do you prefer a phone interview?"

"Let me talk to Hyun-suk first. I want to give him a heads up about this whole media shit-storm and I don't want it to affect the movie or its box-office sales." I answered.

Alison nodded, "Alright, let's get going and nip this in the bud now." She stood up from the table with Joe following suit and walked to the elevator.

"I'm coming along too." Lisa stood up from her seat too.

"You don't have to."

She wrapped her arms around my waist, "I want to. We're doing this together, remember?"

I nodded with a smile. It was strange that when Taehyung and I were together, it didn't feel like we were together because of Taehyung's career and family. We were always hiding and having secret dates, it's not that he didn't support me, he always just kind of did, but from afar because his public image was always his first priority. So, for Lisa to want to do things together caught me off guard to the point where I started to tear up. This was such a new feeling for me.

"Are you crying?" Lisa's voice was full of nervousness, "God, Jennie. I'm so sorry that I'm putting you through this." She pulled away and I could sense the mini-meltdown that she was having.

"You're not putting me through anything." I grabbed her hands and placed them on my waist again, "I don't know how this meeting is going to go and I'm just trying to protect you."

"Ha. Because that worked out so well the last time you tried to protect her..." Alison muttered just loud enough for us to hear. Lisa stifled a laugh and Alison's eyes went wide when I turned around and glared at her. She jabbed the elevator button multiple times, "This elevator never comes up when you need it to!"

I shook my head and faced Lisa again, "Are you sure that you want to come along?"

"Yes! How many times does she have to tell you!" Alison threw her hands up in frustration. "Are you sure that you want to get back with her, Lisa!? Because you'll have to put up with this all the time!" Alison said to her.

I opened my mouth to tell my best friend where to stick her opinion but Lisa quickly kissed me. Butterflies flew around in my stomach even after she pulled away.

"Yes, I'm absolutely sure." she said to Alison.

Lisa took my hand, "Come on, babe. Let's go ruin your career."

"Oh lord. I hope not..." Alison mumbled as we all stepped into the elevator.