41

Lisa

I listened to the sound of the rain and my shoes hit the wet pavement. I cringed at the feeling of how wet my socks were in my shoes. I saw the building come into view and I sprinted the last couple meters just to get out of the rain.

By the time I was in front of the building, I was completely soaked to the bone. I groaned, the last thing I needed was to get sick. I pushed the revolving door entrance to the building and pushed a wet lock of hair away from my face. I frowned when I saw the front desk still empty. I wondered where Arthit was, maybe they finally gave him a vacation.

My shoes squeaked against the shiny floor and I felt a little bad that I was leaving muddy footprints on it. I passed by the front desk but stopped when I saw something.

I took a couple of steps back and saw the sandwich I left for Arthit unopened, the post-it note still placed on the top.

Before I even had a chance to question it, I heard a loud thud that made me jump. I put my hand over my chest as I followed the sound and ended up in front of the utility closet.

I put my ear up against the door and heard muffled screaming, so I yanked the door open and found Arthit in his boxers and a white undershirt, his hands, and ankles bound by rope and his mouth sealed shut with masking tape.

I gasped and dropped to my knees and peeled the tape off his mouth carefully, "Arthit, are you ok? Who did this to you?"

His eyes were frantic and his voice trembled, "Khuṇ, you have to go to Ms. Kim, she's in trouble."

I worked on untying the rope and tried calming him down, "What are you talking about, Arthit?"

He nudged my hands out of the way, "Khuṇ, listen to me. There is a strange man that was lingering in front of the building for the past two days. When I confronted him and said that I would call the police if he didn't leave, he hit me over the head and stole my uniform. He knocked me out and I woke up in here."

My hands finally got the last knot untied as I helped him stand up, "Arthit, call the cops." I walked out of the closet before he could answer.

"Wait, Khuṇ where are you going?" He called after me.

"If that creep got to Jennie then she needs me." I hit the elevator button and stepped inside. I shivered, forgetting that I was drenched from the rain.

I pulled out my phone and called Joe. He picked up after the first ring, "Lisa? Where h..."

"Joe, I need you and Alison to come to Jennie's now!" I said in a hurry as I got closer to the penthouse.

"Why? What's going on!?" I heard the alertness in his voice.

"I don't know, but I'm about to find out." I replied as the doors opened.