166

Jennie

I leaned on the wall of the elevator struggling to keep my eyes open on the way up to the top floor. To be honest, I was so drunk that I wasn't sure of what happened or what Taehyung and I talked about at dinner. What I do remember was what he said before I stormed off an hour ago.

"Are you really not going to eat anything?" He asked as he cut into his steak.

I shook my head and leaned back in my chair, "I don't have much of an appetite." I explained as I kept my glass of wine close.

"Suit yourself." he shrugged.

We sat in silence for a minute, the sound of muffled conversation from the neighbouring tables and Taehyung chewing his food was what filled the silence.

"So, how is this going to work?" I asked.

Taehyung looked up from his food, "What are you talking about?"

"Our relationship now. Are you forgetting that you are in a public relationship with Yoo-jung?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

He dabbed his mouth with his napkin and picked up his wine glass, taking a sip before answering me. He reached across the table and held my hand, "What you and I have is real, Jennie. I have every intention of marrying you."

I gave him an unimpressed look, "And Yoo-jung?"

He leaned back in his seat and continued eating, "You said it yourself, we're in a public relationship and that's exactly what it is. Just a public relationship. We have no romantic feelings whatsoever."

I crossed my arms, "I don't feel comfortable with that."

He shrugged his shoulders, "That's all there is to it though. Just think of Yoo-jung as Lisa, they're both being used for our image and nothing else."

"You sound very insensitive right now, how could you just say that you're using people for your image?" I said, with my anger starting to flare up.

"Jennie, you did it too. So, I don't know why you're getting yourself so worked up." he looked down at my finger and noticed the ring, "You know that you can take that off, right?"

"I'll do whatever the hell I want!" I threw my napkin down and stormed out.

I was so angry hearing him talking about Lisa like that. Who does he think he is, thinking that he's better than everyone else and can use people at his disposal? I'm not sure if he's changed this much in the last four months or if I just didn't notice it all along.

Just as I was about to fall asleep, I heard a small ding and the elevator doors open. I dragged my feet just fast enough that the elevator doors just missed the back of my foot. I looked behind me and chuckled, "Ha! Missed me..." I slurred.

I turned my head forward and narrowed my eyes trying to focus them. My place was still a mess, with papers all over the floor and furniture overturned. I wasn't 100% sure if it was actually messy or if I was just really drunk. I didn't have much time to think about it because I could feel everything I ate earlier today start to come back up. I pressed a hand to my mouth as I ran to the washroom, jumping over a pile of take out containers and if I wasn't so plastered, I would've patted myself on the back for my athleticism.

I stuck my head in the toilet just in time as I threw up the contents of my stomach. It's been so long since I've thrown up because I drank too much but it brought back all the memories of drunken nights with Taehyung and that made me even sicker.

When I was sure that I wasn't going to throw up anymore, I scooted over to the bathtub and leaned on it. The cold porcelain tub made shivers run down my back and I relished on how good it felt against the heat that I was emitting.

I groaned as I rubbed my hands on my face, I probably looked like a hot mess. I pulled my phone out and my fingers typed a message to Lisa.

Me: Would you rather find five dollars on the ground or find all your missing socks?

I closed my eyes, I wasn't expecting her to answer. If anything I thought she would've blocked my number already but when I felt my phone vibrate in my hand, my eyes shot open and I looked down at my phone.

Lisa: Would you rather be with me or Taehyung?

Lisa: Exactly what I thought. Do me a favour and lose my number.

"You. I want to be with you." I whispered. My shoulders drooped down, what did I expect? I should've just left her alone, I was the reason why we're both broken right now. Then the realization hit me, I was going to have to not only see Lisa start dating other people but get used to it too. My eyes widened as I leaned forward and heaved again.