190

Jennie

Lisa kissed the top of my head and placed a mug in front of me the next morning, "Good morning, baby."

I looked up from my phone and smiled, "Good morning, honey. We're on the news again." I turned the screen to her, showing her the headline.

Straight out of a romantic comedy, Jennie Kim declares her love for girlfriend, Lisa Manoban.

Lisa had a small smile on her face, "It was a good night."

I nodded in agreement, "How are you feeling?"

Lisa sat across the table from me and put her head in her hands, "I drank way too much." She put her pointer finger up, "But to be fair, I blame Teddy."

I laughed and took a sip from my mug, "I'm pretty sure that he lost money last night with the number of free drinks he gave away."

She rolled her head to look at me, "He said he's counting down the days until we get married."

I pursed my lips, "Yeah, I kind of placed the bar way too high with how I asked you to be my girlfriend." I furrowed my eyebrows and put my hand on my chin, "I wonder what kind of proposal I would have to do, to ask you to be my wife?" I smiled into my mug, ever since last night it felt like I had a permanent smile on my face. Girlfriend. Wife. The words felt good coming from my lips.

Lisa gave me a cheeky smile, "Do you love me or something?"

I let out a laugh and leaned over the table to kiss her, "Tremendously." I sat back down, "But do you see that in the future for us? Marriage?" I knew that I was crossing the line, I remember Lisa telling me that she didn't think putting your heart on the line was worth it. But that was before I told her how I feel and I needed to know where we stood in terms of our future together. I wanted it all with her. I wanted forever with her. And I hope she feels the same way too.

"I do." she took a sip from her mug, "I was never the kind of girl to dream about her wedding day, but after I met you, I get a clearer picture of what I want that day to look like." She looked away and I could see the pink hue that coloured her cheeks, "I want to be married to you." her eyes went wide when she realized what she said, "I... I mean, n... not right now..." she rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly, "... we just started dating and it might be too soon to talk about marriage, so I hope that I didn't scare you away with that comment."

I couldn't help but laugh as I stood up from the table to wrap her in my arms, "You didn't scare me away because I'd marry you right back. In a heartbeat."

"Well, I hope so because that's kind of how a marriage works." She leaned in to kiss me and for the first time in a long time, my heart felt full and it was all because of Lalisa Manoban.

Thank God for that stupid contract.

-- THE END --