24

Lisa

I woke up just before noon and smiled. There were a couple of good things about working at a bar, and waking up late was one of them. I stretched in bed and looked out the window. The sun was shining high in the sky, the sound of cars and traffic down below, and the view of the city greeted me. I admired the view for a second as I laid on my side, using my elbow to prop my head up.

The view that I had from my old apartment was the side of the building, so this was definitely an upgrade. I reached behind me for my phone and wasn't surprised when I saw the Instagram notifications on my phone. Ever since the interview, I've had almost a thousand new followers, most of them curious of Jennie and my "relationship". I swiped right to dismiss the notifications and was surprised to see a text from Jennie and Alison. I clicked open Alison's first.

Alison: Hey! Just wanted to remind you that both you and Jennie are expected to be at a co-star's birthday party over the weekend, so please make sure that you aren't working on that day.

I typed out a quick response and sent it.

Me: Yeah, no worries! All taken care of. Can't wait.

I clicked on Jennie's message, curious as to what she had to say.

Jennie: Good morning! So, I wasn't sure what to make you for breakfast... but I left a fresh pot of coffee for you. I would've made you breakfast but I'm not sure what your preferences are...

I smiled at the kind gesture and immediately felt guilty for avoiding her last night. I didn't mean to, it just kind of happened. It was too awkward to be in the same room as her after the interview. Sure, Jennie was an actress and I heard that she's really good, but there was something about the way she looked at me during the interview. Like I was really her girlfriend and it kind of scared me. But that wasn't the weird part. The weird part was that for like a millisecond, I felt something that I wasn't supposed to. I am so confused right now, so the best decision right now was to avoid her. I held the phone up to my face and typed a response.

Me: Hi Jennie :) that's really sweet of you, but you don't have to worry about making breakfast for me. But thank you for leaving a pot of fresh coffee!

I rolled onto my back and typed another message.

Me: For future reference, I do love banana pancakes. LOL, have a good day at work :)

I jumped off the bed and made my way to the kitchen for a much-needed cup of coffee. As I poured myself a mug, I leaned on the counter and looked down at my phone, checking my work schedule for the next upcoming week. I took a sip of my coffee and furrowed my eyebrows when I was suddenly bombarded with notifications from Twitter.

I clicked on the notification that was growing before my eyes and froze when I saw both Jennie and my name trending on Twitter. I did a quick skim of the tweets and found that most people supported our relationship. I smirked at the couple name which fans have already given us. 'Jenlisa' I repeated out loud. I had to admit, it was cute.

I squinted at my phone as I read the skeptical tweets about us. I mean they weren't wrong, but it just made me realize that I was going to have to sell it a little harder. I set my mug down in the sink and decided to go to work early. Work was a great way to distract me from this fake life that I have with Jennie. I quickly made two sandwiches and packed it in my bag before I took the elevator all the way down to the main lobby.

"S̄wạs̄dī txn chêā Arthit, how's it going?" I waved to the security guard sitting at the front desk. (Good morning)

"Good morning, Ms. Manoban." Arthit smiled. He was an older man, with white slick back hair and a kind face. "Going to work early today?" he asked in a thick Thai accent.

I stopped in front of the desk, "Thought I'd be productive today." I shrugged. I handed one of the sandwiches I made over to him and he smiled. "You know, khuṇ, I do appreciate that you make me lunch but you really don't have to go out of your way to do this."

I shook my head with a smile. He was the first friendly face that greeted me when I first moved in. "It's really nothing, Arthit. It's the least I can do for everything that you do for the building and its residents."

He tipped his hat as I gave him a small wave, "K̄hx h̄ı̂ pĕn wạn thī̀ dī, Arthit." (Have a good day)

"Khuṇ d̂wy." he chuckled. (You too)